About the job
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty in Africa by empowering local communities and their leaders to make more informed choices in the management of public resources so that they can independently meet their own needs for essential services. Improving public resources management is key to establishing a sustainable society. And increasing access to essential services, such as clean water and sanitation, is key to fighting poverty because lack of access to essential services is a root cause of poverty.
We achieve this using our unique approach to reduce poverty as follows
- Set better precedent
- Raise expectations
- Increase public participation
- Improve management of public resources
- Increase access to essential services
By delivering access to essential services through our donor-funded community projects, we set better precedents in the management of public resources and the delivery of essential services. Then we raise expectations through education and support and mobilise communities to play an active and informed role in the management of public resources so that they can enact change for themselves. We achieve this by sharing information from our projects that provides a new perspective. It’s not the information that empowers communities to participate; it’s raised expectations from a new perspective.
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty by empowering communities to make more informed choices in the management of public resources.
ADC’s purpose is to enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such as clean water and safe sanitation and improve lives in Africa.
At ADC we encourage a working culture of seeking and giving input, showing and taking initiative, and commitment to the organisation and its purpose.
Main purpose of job
You will be responsible for writing all the social media copies consistent with our brand message. If you have a creative way of thinking and of presenting our brand through multiple social media channels, we would like to make you part of our team. This is a great opportunity to be a part of our social media team with an aim to increase engagement.
Division or Department Marketing & Communications
Position reports to Social Media Manager
Position is responsible for N/A
Main Duties and Objectives
- Work closely with the Social Media Manager, Content Strategist and Graphic Designers, the Social Media Copywriter is responsible for producing thumb-stopping copy for various types of digital content
- Facilitate/instigate the ideation process as per the brief
- Execute ideas through copy that is creative, disruptive, out of the box but in sync with the brand brief and directions
- Understand the nuances of the ADC’s communication. The nuances of writing for various platforms of digital media like Facebook, Twitter, blogs ,etc. basically has sense of brand tonality coupled with platform requirements.
- Have understanding of digital media Creativity to seamlessly integrate the two to deliver the ADC’s objective
- Must have good written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management with a proven ability to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Maintain impeccable grammar
- Be highly creative and imaginative
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite
What ADC Offers You
This is a volunteer, remote and unpaid position with the following benefits
- Professional learning and career development opportunities
- An opportunity to build on your work experience within your profession
- An opportunity to be part of adiverseteamrepresenting different parts of the worldthat is changing lives inAfrica
- An opportunity to help shape a start-up social enterprise
- We provide work reference