The Change.org Foundation supports citizens, in particular from marginalized communities, to become civic leaders and create transformational change in their communities. With partner organizations in 20 change.org countries, a growing program to empowering women civic leaders, our model is a proven engine for social change and citizen leadership, with incredible potential to grow.
We are looking for a Social Media Manager who serves as the primary source of oversight and development for Change.org Foundation’s owned social media channels. They will be responsible for overseeing our online presence by developing and executing a global strategy, producing engaging content, analyzing usage data, facilitating audience interaction and managing projects and campaigns.
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Social Media Manager will represent the Foundation’s brand voice in the social media space and within our changemaker communities. Internally, they will be the point of contact for team members interacting with our social presence, and the lead content creator/facilitator for social content. Having a strong sense of compassion and understanding how to communicate with people of all backgrounds are key to success in this role.
- Build and grow the Foundation’s social media profiles and presence: Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and additional channels that may be deemed relevant
- Develop and execute social media strategies n line with our communications goals
- Identify content opportunities within our changemakers communities and serve as a liaison with the Training Managers and other key stakeholders in the team
- Create engaging multimedia content (and/or outsource this effectively) across multiple platforms
- Form key relationships with influencers across the social media platforms
- Track, measure, and analyze marketing initiatives to report on social media ROI
- Manage, motivate and coach junior staff such as social media executives or assistants
- Manage a budget for social media activities
- Work with the Foundation PR Manager to explore opportunities to collaborate with strategic partners and engage in relevant social discussions
- Educate staff on the use of social media and promote its use within the Change.org ecosystem
- Support the Comms team with other projects related to marketing and community engagement
Key Experience, Skills Needed
- Have at least five years of experience, with demonstrated success, in social media strategy, community management and digital marketing
- Up to date and able to advise on the latest digital trends and tools, how social media marketing generates synergies with other communication channels (PR, media, etc), and have a fair share of successes and failures to learn from
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in content marketing, social media software, and data analytics
- Understand the Change.org platform, the Change.org Foundation, and be interested in how social movements intersect with technology and online communication platforms
- Proficient with multi-social posting programs such as Hootsuite and HubSpot
- Strong graphic design and video editing skills using tools such as Canva, Figma, Adobe Suites and similar
- Relevant experience determining a target audience and how to cater unique marketing campaigns to capture their attention
- Have an independent and organized way of working and have previous experience working remotely across cultures, time zones, and shifting priorities to deliver high-quality outputs
- Have strong communication and rapport-building skills; fluent in English
Interested? Great! Here’s what you should know.
This is a full-time, permanent position, and we are open to candidates based anywhere Kenya, Nigeria or South Africa. The role will be remote for the foreseeable future. Our team is high impact, low ego, and has an amazing culture to be part of!
Our compensation philosophy is rooted in pay equity and transparency. The Change.org Foundation is a global organization, and salaries are adjusted for cost of labor in each city as well as role level.
We especially encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We’re actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
The Change.org Foundation is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. Everyone says this, right? Well, we mean it – we invest in serious programs to bring in and support women and people of colour, we have in-person onboarding experiences and affinity groups to help everyone feel included, we regularly celebrate the heritage of all staff, and we believe strongly in consistent, fair, and transparent salary scales to help level the playing field. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, or disability or veteran status.
Please send you CV and cover letter by 16th March 2022