The Drum is looking for a Content Executive to be part of a new audience team whose goal is to grow, attract and retain an audience. The writer would be responsible for creating a new copy based on the content already produced by The Drum’s events, studios and editorial team.
We’re searching for an Content Exec would be part of a new Audience team whose focus it is to grow, engage and retain our audience. The writer would be responsible for creating new copy based on content already produced by The Drum’s events, studios and editorial team.
They would be working closely with the editorial team, the audience insights team and the wider digital publishing team. Their goals are to repurpose content in as many ways as possible, write evergreen content, write content that is heavily optimized for SEO and create more premium content for our Drum Plus subscribers. Success is measured by subscription growth, page views and an increase of sessions per user.
Who We Are
The Drum is a leading global publisher for the marketing and media industries. We share up-to-the-minute industry news from around the globe, and every month we showcase marketing that is changing the world. With bases in London, Glasgow, New York and Singapore, our award-winning journalists inform and inspire readers, delivering first-class content across all mediums.
There’s a lot going on at The Drum. In addition to the website, we host award shows, live events, complete content marketing solutions, video production, peer-to-peer learning networks, and supplier finder services.
- Create quality content on the back of existing content created by The Drum. Ensure all our content is used at least twice – convert festival sessions into write-ups and round-ups, take quotes / and information from articles and create new ones, create articles from video and audio content.
- Collaborate on the production of new podcasts and videos
- Work with the SEO exec to create content that will produce snippets for Google and other search engines.
- Work with the audience insights team to ensure content is on trend and covers all our audience verticals and draws in new audiences
- Work with the social team to ensure maximum distribution and play to unfolding trends
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of content, on occasion tying in with wider company initiatives (festivals, deep dives, awards)
- A minimum or 2 years’ demonstratable experience as a content writer or journalist
- Experience adapting tone and message to various audience groups
- Ability to adapt quickly to trends and follow up on real-time insights
- Ability to understand what content performs well in which markets, to which audiences and at which times.
- Comfortable with CMS systems
- Understanding the importance and distinction of paid vs free content
- Enjoy collaborating with different teams to ensure the highest possible standard of work
- Strong verbal and impeccable written communication skills
- Company-wide bonus scheme
- The opportunity to work in a creative environment within a rapidly growing business
- Early finish on Fridays
- Comprehensive healthcare package
- Sick & Safe time off
- Life cover
- Vacation time – 22 days + federal holidays
- 2 additional paid charity days per annum (support a charitable cause that is close to you without taking vacation days)
- Employee referral bonus.