The Data Engineer works directly with the engineering team and executive team to execute on data requirements of the company: reports, dashboards, running investigations based on data.
Beside that, the data engineer works on maintaining and enhancing the data warehouse of the company (Amazon Redshift) and work with the data analytics team on tools like Tableau and Amplitude
- Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements and data output and reporting capabilities
- Coordinates new data development, ensuring consistency and integration with the existing data warehouse structure
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality
- Performs proactive maintenance, including ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity and documenting problems, changes and solutions
- Creates and maintains recurring reports and new reports and dashboards required by the business
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned and participates in special projects as required