We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regulatory Compliance Officer (Banking Officer – Senior Banking Officer)
Job type: Full-time
Specialization(s): Banking / Finance / Insurance
- To ensure that the Bank is complying with applicable laws, rules and regulations, as well as internal policies, and minimize or mitigate regulatory, reputational, or financial risks etc
- Monitor Bank wide compliance to policies of other regulatory bodies to achieve compliance by the Bank and avoiding regulatory sanction from non-compliance.
- Review and analyze regulatory circulars and policies, letters and exposure drafts, outlining areas of compliance for the Bank.
- Communicate and engage internal stakeholders; to provide information, and feedback on new and existing regulatory circulars / letters / guidelines and exposure drafts.
- Identify and assess risk areas and design internal policies/mitigants that will reduce the likelihood of occurrence/crystallization of the risks.
- Communicate key AML/CFT Policies through compliance newsletters, regulatory trends, and highlights.
- Review and assess exceptions derived from AML and other related regulatory examinations.
- Carry out regulatory examination management, regulatory engagements, and advocacy.
- Develop plan and co-ordinate regulatory directives implementation
- Monitor level of policy implementation within the Bank.
- Communicate status of implementation to Executive Management through line manager.
- Facilitate development of compliance culture through compliance training, planning and implementation.
- Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies, and procedures.
- Develop an approved Training Plan for the year.
- Domesticate regulatory policies, which includes Internal Policy review and formulation in line with regulatory requirement.
- Ensure standardized, updated, properly referenced and compartmentalized internal policies.
- Update and monitor the completeness of the Compendium of Policies Portal with departmental policies.
- Ensure timely advisory on compliance enquiries by internal customers.
- A First Degree or its equivalent in any discipline. Recognized professional certification such as ICA, CAMS, CFE, and ACIB etc.
Application Closing Date
25th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online