Meta (Formerly Facebook) builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology.
People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today – beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Policy Programs Manager (AMET)
- Meta is looking for a Policy Programs Manager to work with the Africa Middle East and Turkey Policy Programs team. As part of Meta’s AMET Public Policy organization, the Policy Programs team is responsible for designing and executing regional programs that leverage the extraordinary reach of Meta’s platforms to promote positive social, economic, and cultural outcomes, while supporting an enabling policy environment for the digital economy.
- We are looking for a candidate who can help to drive initiatives in our economic impact and innovation pillars for Sub-Saharan Africa, while tracking the impact of our innovation work across the wider Africa, Middle East and Turkey region. This includes our programs in support of small businesses, youth skills development and creative economies as well as our work with developers and creators as we seek to support the future of the Metaverse.
- The role will report to our Policy Programs Lead for Sub-Saharan Africa.
- You should have a basic understanding of the policy challenges that Meta faces in the region, a passion for community building and future technology and an ability to fearlessly execute. You must be a clear communicator, highly organised, impact oriented and thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Manage and execute economic impact programs across the Sub-Saharan Africa region including scaled training programs in partnership with local NGOs, social enterprises and other local entities.
- Manage and execute innovation programs across Sub-Saharan Africa in-line with our wider Metaverse strategy. This may include a mix of research, skills development trainings, hackathons, grant programs and more.
- Manage the output of delivery partners who we work with for all economic impact and innovation programs across SSA
- Help to identify relevant partners to work with for the delivery of our programs when needed Coordinate internal and external cross functional groups to ensure effective program execution .
- Help to manage meaningful partnerships with key economic impact policy influencers and organisations across the region.
- Work with AMET Innovation Pillar lead in tracking output of all programs across the wider region while serving as the primary POC for collateral + talking points for external engagements
- Serve as the programs point of contact for use of our internal CRM tool for measuring the impact of our programs in policy engagements.
- 8+ years working on programs focused on digital skills development, entrepreneurship and/or education in Sub Saharan Africa
- Impeccable integrity, passion for human rights, social and economic impact, sound judgment, creativity and the demonstrated ability to think critically and challenge received wisdom
- Ability to implement and manage multiple projects simultaneously with attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully and creatively
- Ability to work collaboratively with other internal teams with a focus on impact
- Ability to travel frequently and extensively across the region
- Passion for Meta and its mission to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- Organisation and an ability to work strategically across all projects Fluency in English (and preferably French)
- Passion for technology and its power to address issues related to entrepreneurship and economic impact
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online