Kuda is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more. We raised the largest seed round ever seen in Africa, and completed a Series A funding round in February 2021, led by some of the world’s smartest venture capital investors. With offices in London (our HQ), Lagos and Cape Town, and further offices opening across Africa during 2021, Kuda is fast becoming recognised as the leading ‘Neobank’ for Africans.
To help us grow into the company that can bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa get access to great financial products and services in order to take control of their personal finances, we are actively looking for bright, talented, driven people who are excited by our mission. If this sounds like a great way to spend your valuable time, then please get in touch with us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Media Buyer
Employment Type: Full Time
Individual Role Purpose
- The Media Buyer’s role is to negotiate and buy advertising inventory for Kuda. You will ensure that ads reach target audiences through high-quality channels at the lowest possible prices.
- In this role, you should be an effective negotiator, critical thinker and able to establish trust and build rapport with media professionals and regulatory bodies for traditional advertisement.
- Your goal will be to optimize ad exposure and outdo competition while staying within budgets and getting Kuda best prices.
- You will work very closely with the rest of the marketing team to understand the business goals and manage all stakeholders effectively to get work done efficiently and within deadlines.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Compare and negotiate rates, ad space and airtime
- Optimize plans and budgets according to the best media mix
- Prepare schedules and adjust when needed
- Ensure ads are creative and displayed appropriately
- Monitor costs and return on investment (ROI)
- Working cross-departmentally to align campaign strategies and goals across the organization
- Providing ongoing actionable insights and reports into campaign performance to relevant stakeholders
- Defining, measuring, and evaluating relevant media KPIs
- Building out media buys for various ad platforms and overseeing the day-to-day execution of media
- Overseeing and managing the overall budget for traditional media
- Other Marketing tasks as assigned by Line Manager.
- 2 – 4 years proven experience as Media Buyer or similar role; experience in traditional media is preferred
- Familiarity with media-buying, planning and research
- Interest in following advertising and media trends
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Organizational and multitasking abilities
- Attention to detail and proactivity.
- Flexibility: As a media buying professional at a start-up, you need to be able to quickly adapt to new circumstances as they arise so that you can navigate or overcome unanticipated obstacles
- Proactiveness – You play a vital role in the team and must execute your assignments in a more thorough and timely manner. You need to be able to plan ahead, prepare in advance instead of simply reacting to circumstances
- Communication: Increase your involvement with the team by providing clear communication and updates on tasks assigned to you, ensuring your objectives are aligned and in sync with the broader marketing roadmap.
Why Join Kuda?
- Become a part of one of the trailblazers in the challenger banking arena by joining the exciting and ambitious team at Kuda Bank as we work to become the neobank for ‘every African on the planet’.
- An exciting and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay
- Smart and kind coworkers
- Full pension contribution
- Reliable health insurance.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online