The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), in the framework of the execution of its 2021 Budget, intends to apply a portion of the budgeted funds for the Selection of an Individual Consultant to fill the position below:
Job Title: Individual Consultant to Serve as Finance Officer to Support the Implementation of ECOWAS Regional Stabilization and Development Project in Niger
Reference No.: 1-ECW/ADM-PROC-VP/07-03/kik
- Under the supervision of ECOWAS National Offices and the Fund Management Unit in ECOWAS Commission, and in close coordination with National Implementing Partners, the consultant shall oversee financial transactions, preparation of budgets at the country level, and ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources with high level of professionalism.
- The consulting services (“the Services”) include the deliverables listed under item 4. below and the duration of the contract shall be for a period of one (1) year renewable based on the performance and availability of funds.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform the daily, weekly and monthly financial activities that are required for the proper preparation of financial statements.
- Carry out all book-keeping activities and process all approved payments;
- Prepare Financial Reports/Statements;
- Post into the general ledger and personal ledgers;
- Take charge of the Asset Register;
- Account for all funds received and the prepare report as may be required;
- Prepare the Draft-Final Account for each financial year;
- Take charge of postings into the general and personal ledgers;
- Account for project funds provided by Partners;
- Carry out all bank reconciliations on a monthly basis;
- Oversee and review posting of transactions into the accounting system;
- Prepare periodic reports (monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, etc.);
- Ensure bank reconciliations are coordinated.
- Perform any other related duties assigned by supervisor.
The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are as follows:
- Minimum of Master’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance from a recognized University;
- Possession of an Accounting certification such as ICAN, ACCA will be an added advantage.
- Shall justify of at least four (4) years of working experience in finance, accounting and budgeting;
- Candidate shall justify of having executed at list two (2) similar assignments/projects in finance, accounting and budgeting organized and successfully executed with International Organizations or Public renowned Body or project financed by Donors;
- Strong IT / Computer Skills (Microsoft Office suite) and knowledge of relevant software related to finance, accounting and budgeting.
- The individual consultants shall be fluent in English, French or Portuguese Languages (reading, writing, speaking) and the practical knowledge (reading, writing, speaking) of the other of the ECOWAS Official language (English, Portuguese or French) would be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2022 at 11.00 am (GMT+1), Nigerian Time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Expressions of Interest (1 original and 2 copies) which must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked “Selection of an Individual Consultant to Serve as Finance Officer to Support the Implementation of ECOWAS Regional Stabilization and Development Project in Niger, Do not open except in the presence of the Evaluation Committee” to the address below:
The Directorate of General Administration,
Public Procurement Division,
1st Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent, Asokoro District,
P. M. B. 401,
- The attention of interested Individual consultants is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
- The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant set out in the Consultant Guidelines. The candidates with the highest score above the cut-off mark, will be requested to submit its Technical and Financial Proposal.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the email addresses below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am GMT+1 to 5.00 pm GMT+1. Email: email@example.com , with a copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
- This REOI is also published on the ECOWAS website http://www.ecowas.int/doing-business-inecowas/ecowas-procurement.