At Angi, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
The Content & Editorial team at Angi is looking for an experienced Freelance Content Editor to join our growing team. We’re building best-in-class digital content to help our users learn how to improve and take care of their homes.
What you’ll do:
- Edit between 30 – 50 pieces of content per week, ranging in word count but averaging around 1,000 words per article.
- Editing content to uphold Angi’s brand voice/tone, grammatical and factual accuracy, readability, and expertise, authority, and trust.
- Ensuring content satisfies user intent by being insightful, useful, relevant, engaging, and ultimately more helpful than any other content online.
- Performing relevant SEO workflows and deliverables as it relates to content:
- On-Page Optimization (titles, H1s, URLs, etc.)
- User Engagement & Experience
- Keyword Usage
Skills and experience needed for success:
- 1+ years experience editing content for English publications and/or websites, checking for grammar, syntax, brand voice and tone, and more.
- Demonstrable track record of improving content for the web with experience writing or editing SEO driven content.
- Experience writing or editing home improvement, home décor or real estate content preferred.
- A degree in English, Communications, Journalism or a related degree preferred, but equivalent experience will be seriously considered.
- Experience with Grammarly, plagiarism detectors, Google Docs or other editing tools preferred.
- SEO knowledge and experience a plus.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Monday.com.