We are looking for a talented writer to join the Commodity.com team. You will be writing our daily newsletters about commodities, and coming up with the best and more creative headlines.
Trading expertise and experience writing about commodities and financial markets are a plus, but not absolutely necessary. A lot of research is required, so a qualification or past experience in journalism and content creating is highly recommended.
You will have the opportunity to join a remote team from different parts of the world and a company that is constantly growing and expanding into new markets.
- Native English speaker with exceptional writing skills (US English. You can be based anywhere.)
- Strong research skills
- Understand the importance of following a brief
- Deliver quality content to deadline
- Wish to learn & grow as writer beyond your current abilities
- Will work our way – it will differ from your past experience
Requirements for everyone joining our company:-
- Good communicator (remote work is otherwise impossible)
- Able to follow a set way of working (eg, how to invoice)
- Happy working solo (ie, without micromanaging or nagging)
- Well organized (ie, deadlines get met, without excuses or exceptions)
- Rock steady reliable – your word is your bond
- Basic WordPress skills
- Introverts will thrive in our team (we have the odd extrovert too)
Commodity.com is your trusted source to make sense of commodities & commodity trading, cryptocurrencies & related investments.
Over the last decade working remotely, we’ve developed unique processes, systems and ways of working that help us get things done (both on time and of the quality we expect of ourselves).
We use a few popular tools you may have used before:-
- Slack, for teamwork & day-to-day chat
- Google Docs/Google Sheets for collaborative documents
- WordPress to power many of our sites
We don’t micro-manage; you will be expected to meet deadlines without exception, and without us hassling you.
When we commission projects, we’ll provide a writing brief, plus due dates and required minimum length.
Pay & Workload
We pay well/fast, and presently have as much work as you can handle.
Rates vary in line with your commitment. Writers get paid monthly in US dollars (by wire transfer).
We are looking for writers available for a minimum of 15 hours/week.
There are no set hours, and you can work when you choose in any time zone and in any location – provided you meet deadlines. Did we mention how important delivering to deadline is…?