The Content Writers responsibilities include conducting thorough research on industry-related topics, generating ideas for new content types and proofreading articles before publication. If you’re familiar with producing online content and have an eye for detail, we’d like to meet you. Feel free to share samples of your work or portfolio of your published articles, along with your application.
Ultimately, you’ll deliver quality writing pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract customers and boost brand awareness.
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Develop a well thought through content calendar each month.
- Prepare well-structured business related write ups using a Content Management Systems or other relevant content writing tools.
- Write, proofread and edit blog posts before publication.
- Coordinate with marketing and design teams to illustrate articles
- Conduct simple keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Identify customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Update website content as needed
- Proven work experience as a Content Writer or Business Writer. A knowledge of curriculum development would be an added advantage
- Portfolio of published articles
- Experience doing research using multiple sources
- Familiarity with web publications
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- BSc in Marketing, English, Journalism or related field