Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: E2E Program Manager
Job number: 1254412
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Travel: 0-25 %
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Full-Time
- Cloud Operations + Innovation (CO+I) is the team behind one of the world’s largest Cloud Infrastructures, responsible for powering all Microsoft online Products and Services as well as powering Microsoft’s “Cloud First” mission. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide, and we are looking for passionate, high energy program managers to help achieve that mission.
- If you want to have fundamental impact on how Microsoft’s Cloud is deployed and operated globally, want to be involved with one of the most strategically important teams at Microsoft, if strong technical and business acumen, leadership, creativity, and out of the box thinking are some of the skills you bring to the table – this job is for you!
- We are looking for experienced technical program managers with deep technical and business expertise, extraordinary leadership and demonstrated large-scale technical program management success.
- You should have exceptional industry knowledge, technical depth in the execution and delivery of datacenters, and have the executive presence to lead complex and time sensitive initiatives.
- In this role, the successful candidate will partner closely with key engineering and operations leaders to drive programs focused on transforming how we deliver data centers to our customers. These programs will be on the leading edge of innovation and will include driving pilots and other experiments that shape ongoing strategy in delivering datacenters efficiently and on schedule.
- You balance strong analytical and technical skills with the ability to influence decision makers within the CO+I leadership and execution teams spread across the rest of Azure.
- You will also partner very closely with related teams including our design engineering, construction, networking and datacenter project management teams.
- Manage a portfolio of data center programs from initiation through execution, enhancing business value across different program delivery dimensions in Africa
- Leverage technical acumen in mechanical/electrical systems, structures, networking, and building automation systems to facilitate engineering problem solving and ideation
- Differentiate Microsoft data center delivery to create a competitive advantage by applying ‘Best in Class’ project and program management expertise
- Manage cross-functional, geographically dispersed project teams like networking, procurement, and operations, creating connection across dispersed teams, processes, and systems
- Drive business results through a regimented focus on key performance indicators and business goals, promoting clarity and motivation to the project team to execute on time, under budget, while delivering high quality results with zero rework
- Apply world-class technical and competitive ecosystem knowledge to respond to competitive challenges in data center delivery
- Use experience and expertise to improve design templates and process
- Drive intelligence and automation in the datacenter delivery platform by using data to improve quality, delivery timelines, and cost performance, while reducing manual touches
- Design and drive implementation of reporting by interfacing with business, engineering, finance, operations, and systems teams to provide actionable insights
- Deliver on ambiguous projects with multiple stakeholders, unclear requirements and incomplete data
Skills & Qualifications:
- CS or Engineering Degree or equivalent plus 5-8 years of project / program management experience
- Full lifecycle technical program management experience planning and managing scope, schedule, budget, quality, people, risk and communications
- Professional PM certification, PMP, ESi, PMI, Prince 2 or equivalent
- Experience in organizational change management and business process improvement
- Should have a mix of technical and program management skills and experience
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.