Digital Content Writer at PalmPay
About the job
PalmPay is a pan-African fintech company currently operating in Nigeria and Ghana and expanding to other markets in 2022. We’re reinventing the payments experience by making it easy and reliable for everyone to transfer money, pay bills and shop online.
We’re looking for an experienced Digital Content Writer who is passionate about our mission of driving financial inclusion in Africa and would produce and edit written content primarily for our payment app pages but also product marketing materials such as in-app and external ads, banners, pop ups, UX copy, push notifications, SMS or emails from a local perspective.
This role is based in Lagos, Nigeria head office and our ideal candidate should have excellent writing ability, including the ability to write in different styles and to other people’s direction and should have experience working in the mobile payments industry to join the local product team and provide intuitive and marketing inclined copy not only to guide our users but also engage and motivate them to use our products and services. You will be fit for this role if you have the ability to evaluate and analyze complex information and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
You’ll be required to:
- Write copy for mobile payment app pages, in-app and external ads, banners, pop ups, push notifications, SMS or emails for the specific target audience.
- Tailor the content and style of each writing requirements according to their purpose – whether they are intended to guide users, sell our products or inform users.
- Develop a deep understanding of company products, app features and objectives to ensure efficient and consistent communication to users across the touchpoints.
- Identify key messages – understand the main thing the users need to feel and do and how to communicate this intuitively and powerfully.
- Monitor closely competitor’s style and concepts and research user interests to gain insights and identify fresh and interesting angles for your writing.
- Support the marketing team with write-ups for social media, website, blogs, slogans, video scripts and other marketing materials.
- Edit your own and product manager’s writing for app pages, ads, push notifications etc.
- Periodically review existing content of app pages for necessary improvements.
- Work with the design team to ensure that the visual elements of ads, UX copy, push notifications, SMS or emails complements the written words.
- Assist the company in achieving short and long-term goals relating to product growth.
- Work with other company departments to improve our overall product delivery..
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communication or any related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in app and marketing content writing in the payments industry.
- Proficient in MS Office suite and familiarity with and willingness to use online collaboration tools such as Google Drive suite etc.
- Excellent writing ability with strong marketing inclination.
- Strong listening and verbal communication skills
- Good research and analytical skills to quickly grasp new concepts and interpret effectively.
- Good organizational ability to manage multiple tasks, often to tight deadlines
- A creative approach, both in coming up with ideas for new features and for getting a message across innovatively with fewer texts.
- An understanding of digital marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) plus specific IT skills, such as an understanding of HTML or WordPress.
- Should be strongly self-motivated and can work independently