Work with a Purpose:
At Hello Alice we are about equal access fueled by technology and powered by everyone who believes that diverse small business participation isn’t just the right thing to do, but the smart thing to do. That’s true of our small business owners, and it’s true of our team. If you agree, keep reading.
As part of the Data Science team at Hello Alice, you will play an important role in driving our Data Science mission forward. We build tools and products using Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (AI) that empower small business owners. By using data, machine learning, and AI we augment human intelligence and cognition for optimal decision-making. We strive to evangelize on the importance of being a data-driven organization and use data to tell stories and uncover insights.
You’ll report directly to the Director of Data Science.
Role and Responsibilities:
Here’s what you’ll be working on day-to-day, but as a nimble organization that puts our small business community at the forefront, flexibility is key, and other responsibilities may arise.
- Apply various data science methods to understanding the most important aspects of our product, users, and business
- Transform data into insights that can be utilized by people without a programming or data science background.
- Evangelizing evidence-based decision making by partnering with key decision makers (including senior-level and executive management) and driving democratized accessibility of data and insights
- Design and build data set processes for modeling, data mining, and production purposes
- Determine new ways to improve data quality and predictive capabilities
- Perform and interpret data studies and product experiments concerning new data sources or new uses for existing data sources
- Develop prototypes, proof of concepts, algorithms, predictive models, and custom analysis
- Provide research on topics including Hello Alice’s business model and recommendation techniques
- Deliver reports and insights on data findings that are understandable to non-data scientists
Required Skills and Experiences:
- Degree in a related field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics or Computer Science
- 1-2 years of experience which can include relevant internship experience
- Basic knowledge of statistics to include linear and logistic regression, supervised machine learning and time series forecasting
- Knowledge of building statistical, machine learning, NLP, and AI models
- Prior experience with different models and projects with the ability to explain in detail
- Experience with tools and programming language to include Excel, PowerBI, Tableau, Mode Analytics or Shiny
- Cloud databases including Google Cloud platform, AWS, Microsoft Azure
- R or Python and SQL experience is required
- Ability to identify a business problem, define and create a solution and convert the solution into an insight feature