Wonder Works is one of the most respected Development and Construction firms in the Tri-State area that have earned its reputation by building with integrity and quality since 1987.
As a data entry keyer for our growing company, you’re part of a functional team that focuses on getting things right the first time around. You get to work independently, with minimal supervision, to read our work orders, shipping orders and other customer service documents, and enter data from them into our computer systems. Your job is integral to the smooth operating of our company, as you verify the information before you enter it, and you key it in so it is consistent in format. We do understand that data entry for hours on end becomes repetitive, so we have built-in filing and copying time to vary your days and to keep your eyes sharp.
Pay: $14.00 – $20.00 per hour.
- Read customer and shipping orders submitted in person, via the print catalog and online; decipher handwriting that can be hard to read
- Key data into specific Microsoft Excel fields (much of the work for the online orders should already be done for you); 10 percent of orders tend to be in person, 15 percent via catalog and the rest online
- Read and key in data from other source documents
- Verify that the data is accurate before you enter it
- Ensure that data is consistent throughout the system (example: if a customer has moved to a new address, you would check that the new address is in other pertinent places in the system)
- Report any data errors or anomalies to your supervisor
- Keep accurate and updated logs of ongoing work
- Perform filing, copying and other administrative duties for about three hours per day; expect to spend about five hours daily on data entry keying
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Reading comprehension
- Critical thinking
- Good communication skills
- Patience for repetitive work
- Reading knowledge of English (about 5 to 10 percent of our orders are also in Spanish)
- One to two years of experience with data entry and/or filing
- Social perceptiveness
- Service orientation
Wonder Works employees have a winning attitude and champion innovation, teamwork and accountability through a results-oriented, customer-centric, and fun culture. We offer various health and financial benefits, learning and growth opportunities, competitive salary compensation, rewarding bonus programs, and a wide range of work-life benefits designed to make your life easier.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Want more remote jobs? Click Here