IDP is a pioneer in international education services. Our core business lines include student placement to Australia, US, UK, Canada and New Zealand institutions, English-language testing and training.
We are on a mission to build the world’s leading platform and connected community to guide students along their journey to achieve their lifelong learning and career aspirations.
As a co-owner of IELTS, we deliver the English test that is trusted by more governments, universities and organisations than any other. We also operate English language teaching schools in South East Asia.
We are innovators, driven by the needs of our customers and deep data insights. Our 5,000 team members based around the world understand that our services change lives – not only of our customers, but their wider communities.
By combining empathy and professional expertise with digital excellence, we create launch pads for our customers to achieve global success.
- Make outbound calls to prospective customer leads to qualify opportunities for the student placement counsellors.
- Follow up with web enquiries & qualify as Hot/Warm web Leads
- Contact new and existing customers in alignment to IDP campaigns. These can include leads generated through IDP website, sales, expos, events, appointment setting and general customer service tasks
- Monitor and respond to online chat answering questions regarding study, visa and related services.
- Follow up with existing leads across multiple stages to support counsellors drive conversions
- Monitor and respond to social channels answering queries IDP and its services
- Use qualifying sales techniques to identify opportunities for IDP and its customers. This includes accurately recording outcomes for Warm/Hot or Cold Leads.
- Maintain the accuracy of IDP’s CRM including updating all customer details where possible
- Communicate Warm and Hot Leads to operations helping counsellors to drive conversion
- Nurture existing leads through ongoing outbound calling campaign to maintain effective relationships between our customers and IDP. This includes calling non-engaged customers for re-engagement.
- Confidently, politely and professionally make warm and “cold calls” to customers
- Use open and outcome drive questioning to accurately define customer needs.
- Respond to all customer enquiries in a highly professional, efficient and friendly manner
- Be prompt at identifying customers’ problem for which a solution can be offered by IDP’s services and products
- Assist in guiding customers’ interest in IDP’s services and products by offering/securing appointments with relevant team members for further consultation.
- Go above and beyond to resolve customers’ enquiries where required to create positive IDP customer experiences
- Ensure consistent high quality services are offered to all customers.
- Escalate customer enquiries where required to appropriate leadership/department for prompt resolution
- Provide prompt support to internal stakeholders (value added services fulfilment team, counsellors, and office managers) in managing telephone, online chat and social media enquiries and filtering/nurturing pipeline of potential customers
- Keep relevant stakeholders informed of work agenda, progress and issues.
- Follow through with potential customers and internal stakeholders on enquiries where required
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders in an efficient and professional manner
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders as the basis for trust and cooperation
- Demonstrate commitment to IDP’s values and quality and compliance standards in everyday workplace operations.
- Encourage a team environment which facilitates cooperation and knowledge sharing and enables high performance.
- Use awareness of individual strengths and needs to drive personal growth and development.
- Give honest and constructive feedback in dealings with colleagues and external stakeholders.
Process & Compliance
- All interactions with customers are recorded on CRM in a timely and accurate manner following the guideline
- Relevant work processes are followed through.
- Assist in review and improvement of the established process to ensure it remains efficient and relevant
- Ensure the collection and usage of student personal information is in compliance with local regulatory requirements.
- Candidate must be fluent in English
- Strong communication skills / local language (verbal and written) is essential
- Minimum 1 year’ sales or customer service experience
- Proved sales experience preferred
- Experience in managing enquiries from online chat and social media platforms
- Ability to confidently and professionally make warm and “cold calls” to customer
- Ability to build rapport quickly with customers over the phone
- Excellent listening skills to actively listen to customers and interpret their needs
- Effectively deal with objections
- Deal with customers that may be angry about receiving unsolicited calls
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize
- An ability to service and work with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Results driven with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Intermediate level of computer literacy – MS Office – Word, Excel and email
- Strong typing/data entry skills
- Ability to multi-task and retain information
- Ability to handle pressure
What We’re Looking For
- Experience in an online environment is highly desirable
- Experience in using CRM system
- Experience working in the Education sector
- Experience working in a sales environment
- Experience in making outbound calls to customers