West African Soy Industries Limited (WASIL) operates one of the largest specialized oils and fats processing complexes in Africa. The manufacturing facility is located in Sagamu, Ogun State, Nigeria, with raw materials sourced from farmers in Kaduna, Katsina, Niger and other states across Nigeria.
The Company is active in the Soy value chain through its out-grower farming activities by providing high quality agri-inputs to farmers and procuring farm produce from them through off-take arrangements.
We educate the farmers on Yield Enhancement Techniques (YET) to improve their crop yield, and train women on best practices in Shea collection and primary processing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager, QA & QC
Location: Ota, Ogun
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Quality Systems
- Preparation of all reports (Daily MIS, Monthly MIS, CoA and etc.)
- Maintain and update all documentation, SOPs, and Records on a timely basis
- Maintain minimum inventory of Lab chemicals, glassware and etc.
- Perform instrumental analysis like GC, Rancimat, Viscometer, Lovibond, Protein &Fibre content analyzers
- Ensure calibration of all lab equipment’s on a scheduled basis and maintain documentation
- Ensure Good Laboratory practices and keep documentation
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene at all times for all lab environments and surroundings
- Mock drill of product recall/traceability at least once a month and updates related documents for the statutory requirement.
- Conduct stability tests for all plant products, evaluate as against product quality, inform top management on a timely basis and also report in monthly MIS
- Conduct market sample analysis, evaluate against competitors to establish current standpoint on product quality, report in a timely basis and in Monthly MIS
- Responsible for achieving zero customer complaints about all product dispatches
- 100% compliance & zero non-conformance for all external and regulatory inspections/Audits
- Conduct Down level staff training on a timely basis
- Conduct daily departmental meetings and maintain a register for meeting discussions
- Maintain teamwork and constant communication with all stakeholders.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Food Technology. A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years’ sound knowledge in Solvent Extraction, Refinery Plant, Neutralisation, fractionation plants.
- Reports to HOD for all Day to day monitoring of QA/QC activities.
- Sound knowledge and experience, minimum of 10 years in Solvent extraction, Refinery plant, and fractionation processes and products.
- Sound knowledge on testing of all products.
- Be active and Punctual on duty
- Good knowledge of MS office packages (Such as excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Records maintenance
- Leadership skill.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online