IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Specialist, Inventory
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job Type: Full-time, Associate
- IHS Towers is expanding our global footprint and we are seeking an individual to join our Finance team in Nigeria as a Specialist, Inventory. The Specialist, Inventory will execute Inventory best practices and processes across in-market entities.
- Support ongoing change, process standardization and continuous improvement initiatives across Inventory.
- Support the Senior Specialist-Inventory on all Shared Services Centre (SSC)-related activities pertaining to Inventory, including transition of in-market activities, processes and systems knowledge.
- Assist in coordinating timely recording of all Inventory activities, including issuances, receipts, site movements, direct to site dispatches etc. Also, serve as focal point for ensuring ERP recording of these activities by SSC.
- Coordinate monthly closing of financial records and posting of month-end information with SSC, including diesel accruals, inventory movements including in-transit items, IFRS accounting, FIFO reviews etc. Ensure accuracy of post-close financial statements pertaining to Inventory.
- Serve as a point of contact with SSC on escalations and urgent requests pertaining to Inventory. Provide any out-of-turn support for processing urgent or critical requests in coordination with the SSC team.
- Respond to all internal and external audit work within Inventory
- Ensure strict compliance with policies, processes, procedures, IFRS, IAS and GAAP.
- Liaise with the Rollout, Operations and third-party logistics teams on items movement to warehouse and report to Inventory team for financial posting.
- Liaise with all stakeholders to ensure proper controls exist across warehouses for sorting, reporting, dispatching and receiving items, thereby enabling smooth running of daily operations.
- Liaise with Site Build Contractors (SBCs), third party logistics, Internal Audit, and Supply Chain teams on regular monitoring of stock items in warehouses, including stock count, reconciliation, and verification of balance.
- Liaise with Supply Chain and other stakeholders on design and implementation of warehouse layouts.
- Verify inputs for posting into financials by carrying out daily, weekly and monthly updates to the Inventory dashboard – GRNs, SINs, gate passes, issuances, reconciliations, dispatches, etc.
- Assist third-party logistics partner on inventory movement, proper item- and type-wise sorting categorization, documentation, and housekeeping.
- Assist with the monthly stock count.
- Liaise with the regional Finance and Operations teams to gather region-level issuances and receipts.
- Liaise with Supply Chain and third-party logistics to ensure all TIV and TOV data are entered into the OMEGA system.
- Liaise with third-party warehouse teams on physical inspection of items and segregation of declared junk and re-usables. Update the relevant data in the inventory dashboard.
- Assist the inventory warehouse team in implementing and sustaining the FIFO method for dispatches.
- Reconcile inventory items sent to sites directly (on request by other inventory team-members) and those brought to the warehouse as new supplies.
- Examine monthly receipts and dispatches pre- and post-stock count to assist the inventory warehouse team in preparing monthly variance report sheets.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Manager, Inventory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Management or related discipline. Relevant professional certifications, e.g. accounting certifications such as ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA or logistics, inventory and/ or warehouse certifications, will be an asset.
- +4 years’ relevant experience, including most recent 5 in a core accounting function.
- Good knowledge of Inventory best practices and trends.
- Attention to Detail
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Initiative/ Judgement.
- Financial Accounting
- Inventory Management
- Logistics Management
- Workload Management
- Problem Solving
- Use of MS Office Tools, e.g. Exce.
Application Closing Date
11th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online