Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships 2022 for Undergraduate and Research Study in Japan (Fully Funded)
Application Deadline: Varying by Country
The Embassy of Japan offers Japanese Government-Sponsored MEXT (Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology) Scholarship every year. MEXT scholarship supports foreign students who study in higher education institutions, selected on the recommendation of the Embassy.The application is now open for undergraduate and research students.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CONDITIONS
MEXT accepts applications from international students for study in Japan who satisfy the following qualifications and conditions. Its aim is to foster human resources who will become bridges of friendship between the grantee’s country and Japan through study in Japan and who will contribute to the development of both countries and the wider world.
An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible. However, persons with dual nationality who hold Japanese nationality and whose place of residence at the time of application is outside of Japan are eligible to apply as long as they choose the nationality of the other country and renounce their Japanese nationality by the date of their arrival in Japan. The First Screening must be conducted at the Japanese diplomatic
mission in the country of which the applicant chooses the nationality.
(2) Age: Applicants, in principle, must be born on or after April 2, 1997. However, applicants who satisfy the conditions for Academic Background stipulated in ③ below must be 18 years of age or older at the time of admission to a university in Japan.
3) Academic Background: Applicants must satisfy any one of the following conditions. However, applicants desiring direct placement must satisfy either the following ①, ③ or ④ condition.
① Applicants who have completed 12 years of schooling in countries other than Japan. (Applicants who will meet the above condition by March 2022 are eligible. However, applicants wishing to enroll from the autumn term through direct placement must be expected to complete 12 years of schooling by August 2022.)
② Applicants who have completed their studies at a school equivalent to a Japanese upper secondary school in countries other than Japan. (Applicants who will meet the above condition by March 2022 are eligible.)
- Fully Funded Holland Government Scholarship program 2022/2023 by the Dutch Ministry of Education (Study In Europe)
- Full Funded Shanghai Government 2022 Scholarship for International Students
- Fully Funded Microsoft Cloud & Data Scholarship
- Government of Mauritius Scholarships 2022/2023 for African Students
PERIOD OF SCHOLARSHIP
(1) A grantee who studies at a preparatory educational institution prior to enroll in a university: The scholarship period will last for five years from April 2022 to March 2027, including one-year preparatory
education in the Japanese language and other subjects due to be provided upon arrival in Japan.
For scholarship grantees majoring in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine or a six-year course in pharmacy, the scholarship the period will be seven years until March 2029.
(1) Allowance: 117,000 yen per month. A supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 yen or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship amount for the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions. Due to the situation of the Japanese Government’s budget, the amount of payment may be subject to change each fiscal year. If a grantee is absent from the university or the preparatory educational institution for an extended period, the scholarship shall be suspended for that period.
(2) Education Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be paid by MEXT.
(3) Traveling Expenses
① Transportation to Japan: MEXT will stipulate the travel schedule and route, and provide an airline ticket to grantees who will arrive in Japan during the specified period stated in 5.
The grantee shall also bear at his/her own expense travel and lodging
costs incurred in a third country if the grantee must travel to a third country before coming to Japan for visa purposes because there are no Japanese diplomatic missions in his/her country, or if there are no direct flights from the grantee’s country of residence to Japan. MEXT will provide an economy-class airline ticket from their home country,
Benin Republic – Bourse d’études du gouvernement du Japon 2023
Cape Verde – Japanese Government 2023 Scholarships
Gambia: Japanese Government 2023 Scholarships
Ghana: JAPANESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP (MEXT) 2023 : RESEARCH STUDENTS
Guinea Bissau: Japanese Government 2023 Scholarships
Liberia: Japanese Government Scholarship for Research Students
South Africa: MEXT Scholarship: Japanese Government Scholarship
Sierra Leone: Japanese Government Scholarship for Research Students
Zambia: MEXT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
For More Information: