Applications are now open for the The JAMII Femmes Programme 2023 for African women Entrepreneurs. Here’s how to apply:
Application Deadline: December 22nd, 2022
In 2022, Women In Africa and The Coca-Cola Foundation join forces to support 20,000 African women entrepreneurs over the next three years through the “JAMII Femmes” initiative.
The JAMII Femmes initiative aims to increase the impact of African women entrepreneurs on the African economy and support the creation of innovative solutions for sustainable development that will contribute to positive change in Africa by improving the quality of life of tens of thousands of people.
The program JAMII Femmes Cohort 2 is open to women of nationality or residing in these 3 countries: Ivory Coast, Kenya and Nigeria
- Women over 18 years old
- Nationals * or residents of Nigeria, Kenya or Ivory Coast
- Mainly in the Agriculture sector and/or in relation to the sustainable development objectives defined by UNESCO
For this first year, the Coca-Cola Foundation and Women In Africa are offering a multi-phase programme to 7,000 women from three countries.
The first phase is a 4-month digital training phase, conducted by WIA’s partner, Honoris United Universities, Africa’s first and largest network of private higher education institutions, which will enable them to develop skills in:
- behavioural intelligence,
- critical thinking,
- creativity and design thinking,
- communication, collaboration,
In the second phase, selected beneficiaries will have access to grants.
Finally, in the third phase, selected beneficiaries will be able to participate in an accelerator programme, after which a special prize of USD 10,000 will be awarded per country.
Access to education
7,000 women entrepreneurs will benefit from a digital programme on entrepreneurship and social and personal skills. The sessions, led by WIA’s knowledge partner and Africa’s first and largest network of private higher education institutions, Honoris United Universities, will provide women with a comprehensive approach to developing creative ideas, as well as knowledge on leadership and management skills.
With the accelerator programme, 70 women entrepreneurs from 3 countries will benefit from coaching and an in-depth support programme.
Access to finance
- 600 women entrepreneurs will receive grants to support their business development and improve their impact on communities.
- At the end of the programme, one laureate per country will receive a prize of $10,000 to support her project.
Network access and visibility
The programme will give participants a lifetime access to the WIA network, and thus, to potential collaborators throughout Africa.
WIA will create an Advisory Council for each country, composed of local personalities who will accompany the programme. Therefore, women entrepreneurs will be able to be in contact with these prominent personalities.
They will be highlighted on WIA’s social media throughout the programme.
For More Information:
- International Monetary Fund Internship Program 2023 for young professionals (Paid Internship to Washington D.C. USA)
- Standard Bank Cloud Computing Internship Programme 2023 for Young Africans (R10000 per month)
- Contract Copywriter Needed at Prospa
- Call for Application: NITDA in Partnership with Coursera Scholarship 2023 (Tech Learning Pathway)
- Call for Application: NITDA in Partnership with Coursera Scholarship 2023 (Career Readiness Pathway)
- Call for Applications: Shell ASSESSED Internship Program 2023 for Young Africans
- Prospa is Hiring Graduate Trainees
- The Ericsson Nigeria Graduate Program 2023 for young Nigerian graduates.
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards 2023/2024 for Nigerians to Study Abroad (Fully Funded)
- UI / UX Designer Needed at Beacon Power Services