Applications are open for the Italian Government Scholarships Bachelors, Masters & Ph.D. Scholarships 2022/2023 for study in Italy.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) offers grants in favor of foreign citizens* and Italian citizens living abroad (IRE)** for the academic year 2022-23 in order to foster international cooperation in cultural, scientific and technological fields, to promote Italian language and culture and to support Italy’s economic system in the world (according to Law 288/55 and its subsequent changes and additions).
Grants are offered to complete study courses and research/training programs in public or legally recognized Italian educational institutions.
Scholarships are available to attend academic courses on the Italian territory only.
Eligibility for the Italian Government Scholarships 2022
Applications must be sent exclusively through the STUDY IN ITALY portal. Applicants must be in possession of a valid passport or identity card. They must upload a legible photocopy of the document at the time of registration, under penalty of exclusion.
Applications must only be submitted by foreign and Italian students living abroad (IRE)* holding an appropriate academic qualification required to enroll to the Italian University/Institute (more information on: https://studyinitaly.esteri.it/en/Recognition-of-qualification).
Applicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programmes/ Italian Language and Culture advanced Courses should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceedthe ageof 28 years and 364 days by the deadline of this call (June 9th 2022), with the sole exception of renewals.
Applicants for PhD Programmes should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of 30 years and 364 days by the deadline of this call (June 9th 2022), with the sole exception of renewals.
Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of 40 years and 364 days by the deadline of this call (June 9th 2022).
In order to enroll in an Italian-taught course, applicants must provide a certification regarding their proficiency in Italian language. The minimum level required is B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
Candidates who were enrolled in an Italian-taught course or in an Italian language course at University may submit a language certification, issued by the person in charge of the above mentioned courses, certifying the Italian language level required.
Tuition Fee for the Italian Government Scholarships 2022
- Grantees may be exempted from the payment of enrollment and tuition fees depending on the policy of each University in line with the regulations on the autonomy of academic institutions. Regional Fees are due anyway.
- The exemption is not applied for Italian language and culture advanced courses, for which the payment of registration and tuition fees is required.
- The winner of a MAECI scholarship, based on the starting date of the grant and the number of months indicated in the “Dichiarazione di assegnazione di borsa di studio” (Awarding Letter), will receive a monthly amount of 900 euros paid quarterly to the personal current account, opened in his/her name, with an Italian banking Institution.
HEALTH AND MEDICAL INSURANCE
Grantees will be covered by a health and medical insurance, contracted by MAECI, in case of illness or accident. The insurance is valid exclusively for the duration of the grant.
Illnesses depending on pre-existing physical or pathological conditions and dental care are excluded from the insurance coverage. Grantees coming from EU countries are advised to get the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).
For More Information about the Italian Government Scholarships:
- Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarships 2022-2023 for Africans
- AGIP Postgraduate Scholarship 2022-2023
- The Federal Government of Nigeria Scholarship Award 2022 For Nigerians (Fully Funded)
- Google Africa Developer Scholarship (GADS) Program 2022 for young African Developers.
- Top Tech Scholarships for Africans to Build High-income Tech Skills and Have Access to World Class Technologies