Deadline: November 5, 2022
Are you eager to perform cutting edge basic research in an international environment? Do you want to push the frontiers of science and work with supervisors and colleagues that are among the best in the world? Apply now for the IST-BRIDGE International Postdoctoral Programme 2022/2023.
The IST-BRIDGE programme at Institute of Science and Technology Austria (ISTA) offers fully funded (two-year) postdoctoral fellowships for highly qualified candidates who have completed or will soon complete their PhD or equivalent in the natural or computer sciences, mathematics or any related discipline.
IST-BRIDGE postdocs’ careers will be enhanced by a flexible ‘career-tracks’ training programme and optional non-academic secondments, placements in ISTA research support units, and academic secondments to outstanding international BRIDGE Network partners.
- International, Interdisciplinary, and Intersectoral fellowship programme.
- 2-year fully funded postdoctoral position (optional extensions for placements/secondments).
- Profiled competency training: 4 flexible ‘career-tracks’.
- Optional BRIDGE placements and secondments.
- ‘Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellow’ title – internationally recognized mark of research excellence.
All research fields supported at ISTA will be eligible. See list here.
- At the date of the deadline, applicants must hold a PhD (or equivalent) or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience and anticipate the completion of their PhD degree before the start of their fellowship (which should not be later than ~7 months post-deadline – see guide for applicants). A fellowship contract will not be issued until a copy of the diploma/proof of successful defense is provided.
- Applicants cannot have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Austria for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately prior to the call deadline.
- Researchers already employed at ISTA at the call deadline are not eligible to apply.
- Download and carefully review the Guide for Applicants
- Create an account
- Verify your account by following the instructions contained within the email sent to you
- Complete the application by entering all required information and uploading all required documents
- Submit your application
Following application, top-ranked applicants will be invited for a remote interview (4-7 weeks post-deadline) with international Selection Committee members. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications no later than 3 months after the application deadline (including reserve list status where relevant).
For more information, visit IST-BRIDGE.