Applications are now open for the International Olympic Committee Young Leaders Program 2023. Here’s ho to apply:
Deadline: October 20, 2022
Applications are open for the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Young Leaders Programme 2023-2026. The programme aims to support young people in the development and implementation of social projects that use sport to solve issues in their communities.
The IOC Young Leaders programme is delivered over four years to give participants sufficient time to go through the phases of developing a social business/project that provides a localised sport-based solution to a pressing challenge in their respective communities.
Each year of the programme is designed around the development of the young leader and their sport-based social business/project.
Overall, the learning journey encompasses a wide range of subjects and experts, in areas such as human centred-design, prototyping, ecosystem mapping, leadership skills, customer segmentation, public relations, fundraising, impact measurement, user research, user testing, digital communications and finance.
The four-year programme has a blended approach, combining virtual sessions and discussions, community spaces and learning through in-person and networking experiences. Most of the monthly learning will be online, and will include expert sessions, sharing of practical resources, connect group sessions and self-directed learning activities.
Benefits of the International Olympic Committee Young Leaders Program 2023
Each IOC Young Leader receives:
- CHF 10,000 seed-funding delivered over the four years
- Monthly expert-led workshops and guidance
- Access to thought-leaders and inspirational figures
- Exclusive invitation to attend the bi-annual IOC Youth Summit
- Invitations to attend and speak at global gatherings
- Networking and knowledge-sharing opportunities
- Leadership coaching
- A dedicated team on hand to provide support
Eligibility for the International Olympic Committee Young Leaders Program 2023
The IOC Young Leader profile:
- 20-28 years old.
- Proficiency in English.
- Passion for sport as a tool for social and economic change.
- Interest in community action.
- Knowledge of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Strong communicator and team player willing to learn and grow.
- Comfortable in managing social media, and new technologies and platforms.
This program is for you if you want to:
- Turn ideation and research into real action and development of solutions.
- Become a more effective and stronger leader in sport and social business (or a sport and social business entrepreneur).
- Drive local transformative change in and through sport.
- Represent and embody the Olympic values in action.
- Commit to a four-year entrepreneurial journey.
- Be both a mentee and a mentor through a comprehensive mentorship programme.
- Collaborate with fellow young leaders, experts, researchers, sports leaders and social business entrepreneurs.
How to Apply for International Olympic Committee Young Leaders Program 2023
The process for selecting the IOC Young Leaders for 2023-2026 consists of two stages: the 4-Week Learning Sprint and the IOC Young Leaders Programme Application Process.
- Completion of the 4-Week Learning Sprint is the first prerequisite for a candidate to be eligible to apply for the IOC Young Leaders Programme.
- Registration for the 4-Week Learning sprint opens on September 15 and closes on October 20, 2022.
- The four sessions of the 4-Week Learning Sprint will take place in November: every Tuesday starting on November 8.
- More details will be communicated to those who register.
- After successfully completing the 4-Week Learning Sprint (Certificate of Participation earned), a candidate becomes eligible to apply for the IOC Young Leaders Programme.
- The application process opens on December 1 and closes on December 31, 2022.
- EU-ECOWAS scholarships programme on sustainable energy
- SAP Young Professionals Program 2022/2023 for young African graduates.
- World Bank Group Africa Job Recruitment (5 Positions)
- 15 Scholarships for International Students to Study in the UK
- Call for Applications: Senator Mukhail Adetokunbo Loan for MSMEs in Lagos (N100,000 – N1M)
- Apply for the ONE Africa Award 2022 for SDGs ($100,000 prize)
- United States Institute of Peace (USIP) Scholar Fellowship Program 2023