At Contra, we are always looking for fun and exciting ways to explain our mission to all sorts of individuals, and we are super stoked to announce that we’ll be growing our copywriting team!
As Contra’s Junior Copywriter, you will be working closely with our Lead Copywriter to ensure that all copy is in tip-top shape. This is an independent contract position, and requires a total of 15-20 hours/week, with the option to transition into a full time role or extend the number of hours worked.
You should apply if you
- Have at least 1+ years of experience in writing and/or editing any sort of copy (ex. UX copy, long form content, or landing pages)
- Love working independently and strive in a remote environment
- Have dope ideas that you are itching to share
- Are up-to-date with current trends and concepts
- You love organization ?
You’ll be successful here if:
- You are passionate and/or curious about the future of independent work
- You are not afraid of taking in and verbalizing new concepts, ideas, and feedback
- You have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- You can operate in a remote environment (and are within 3 hours Pacific Timezone – PST)
How you’ll add value at Contra
- Learn and understand Contra’s key target audience
- Collaborate with designers, community members, and product managers to create game changing copy
- Standardize and streamline Contra’s copy for future copywriters ?
- Reach out and connect with independents on Contra to aid in the creation of social content
- Brainstorm and write long-form articles that pertain to the future of independent working
How Contra can add value for you
- Remote-first culture
- Health coverage
- Well-funded company built to scale
- Competitive salary + equity
- Generous vacation policy + paid holidays off
- Flexible parental leave
- No Meeting Wednesdays
- Half day on every third Friday of the month
- Themed meetings, games, and other fun team-bonding activities
- A custom slack emoji, just for you!
Here’s what our interview process looks like
- Complete a self-assessment form (10-15 minutes)
- Interview with Madi/Sam (30-45 minutes)
- Interview with Jira (30-45 minutes)
- Interview with Zoë (30 minutes)