SOYA MILK DRINK
Soya milk or soy milk is processed by soaking soya milk, grinding it with water, the fluid afterfilteringor straining is called soya milk. It can be flavored with Vanilla and Chocolate flavor. Thickeners are also added to give it a cow milk taste.
Normally soya beans have beany taste which can be can be reduced by roasting.
- Soya beans
- Clean the soya beans, it can contain dust and stone,
- Soak after cleaning for about 10-16 hours or alternatively parboil for about 30 minutes. This might be compulsory but can be very vital because dehulling the soya beans makes the soya milk better.
- Roasting the soya beans will destroy the enzymes responsible for the beany flavor. The roasting can be deep or mid depending on your choice.
- Grind the soaked soya beans with one liter (1l) of water. You can use a blender for the grinding.
- Sieve the mixture through a cheese cloth and recover the soya milk. The insoluble materials of the sieve can be used in baking bread or cattle feed.
FLAVORING AND PRESERVING
- Add any flavor of your choice, add a tea spoon of sodium benzoate for preservation and your soya milk is ready for consumption
These training materials are provided by iDixcover Opportunities Vocational center headed by Abdullateef Lawal for further coaching, and further training for commercial productions, the in and out of the business, kindly reach out to us via: 07069655569 or [email protected] and we shall connect you and also offer you technical assistance to assist you in starting your business as soon as possible.