Application Deadline: August 1, 2022
The Harry Frank Guggenheim Distinguished Scholar Awards (formerly the Harry Frank Guggenheim Research Grants) recognize leading researchers proposing to make a significant contribution to illuminating an issue of violence.
The Foundation welcomes proposals from any of the natural and social sciences and aligned disciplines that promise to increase understanding of the causes, manifestations, and control of violence and aggression. Highest priority is given to research that addresses urgent, present-day problems of violence—what produces it, how it operates, and what prevents or reduces it.
The Foundation is interested in violence related to many subjects, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Family and intimate-partner relationships
- Climate instability and natural resource competition
- Racial, ethnic, and religious conflict
- Political extremism and nationalism
- Applicants for an award may be citizens of any country.
- While almost all recipients of these awards possess a Ph.D., M.D., J.D., or equivalent degree, there are no formal degree requirements for the award.
- The award, however, may not be used to support research undertaken as part of the requirements for a graduate degree. Applicants need not be affiliated with an institution of higher learning, although most are college or university professors.
- Candidates for the Harry Frank Guggenheim Distinguished Scholar Award may apply online annually between May 1 and August 1. Applicants must create an account to access the application and guidelines.
For More Information:
- The Harry Frank Guggenheim Distinguished Scholar Awards 2022
- One Young World Peace Ambassador Scholarship 2022
- MEET Africa Entrepreneurship Programme 2022 for diasporan Africans.
- DAAD Masters Scholarship Program 2022 for West Africans [To Study in Germany]
- OceanHub Africa Acceleration Program 2022
- TY Danjuma Business School Scholarships for Young Africans
- Fresh Dangote Cement Graduate Trainee Program for Young Nigerian Graduates 2022.