Google UX Design Professional Certificate 2022
Get started in the fast-growing field of user experience (UX) design with a professional certificate developed by Google. Learn the foundations of UX design, including empathizing with users, building wireframes and prototypes, and conducting research to test your designs.
- No relevant experience required
- 100% remote, online learning
- Under 10 hours of study a week*
Google Career Certificates are part of Grow with Google, an initiative that draws on Google’s 20-year history of building products, platforms, and services that help people and businesses grow.
Through programs like these, we aim to help everyone– those who make up the workforce of today and the students who will drive the workforce of tomorrow – access the best of Google’s training and tools to grow their skills, careers, and businesses.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Follow the design process: empathize with users, define pain points, ideate solutions, create wireframes and prototypes, test and iterate on designs
Understand the basics of UX research, like planning research studies, conducting interviews and usability studies, and synthesizing research results
Apply foundational UX concepts, like user-centered design, accessibility, and equity-focused design
Create a professional UX portfolio that includes 3 end-to-end projects: a mobile app, a responsive website, and a cross-platform experience
Applied Learning Project
You’ll learn how to complete the design process from beginning to end, including: Empathizing with users; Defining user pain points; Coming up with ideas for design solutions; Creating wireframes, mockups, and prototypes; Testing designs through usability studies; Iterating on designs based on feedback.
Through a mix of videos, readings, assessments, and hands-on activities, you’ll learn in-demand design tools, Figma and Adobe XD. You’ll even create a portfolio that includes three projects to share with potential employers to showcase the skills you learned in this program.
Learn concrete skills that top employers are hiring for right now.
- International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) Global Fellowship Program 2023 (Fully-funded to New York)
- MEST Africa Challenge 2022 for Technology Startups (up to $50,000)
- Water Desk Colorado River Basin Grants 2022 (up to $10,000)
- Chevening UK Government Scholarships Programme 2023/2024 for Study in the United Kingdom (Fully Funded)
- Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) Recruitment for Software Developers 2022
- European Union (EU) Prize for Women Innovators 2022 (€100,000 prize)
- Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2023 for Study in the UK (Fully Funded)
- We Create Change Program 2022 for Young Nigerians (Fully-funded)
WANT MORE? JOIN OUR CHANNEL