Deadline: November 12, 2022
The Google.org AI for the Global Goals 2022 Call for Applications is a call to find organizations around the world that are using artificial intelligence (AI) to help accelerate progress against the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
They are building off Google.org’s previous support of AI for Social Good and launching a call to find organizations around the world that are using artificial intelligence to create new, innovative solutions to existing problems and to make progress against the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
In the past they have supported projects that use AI-powered tools to track air quality and pollution, use bioacoustic monitoring to detect immediate deforestation threats, and connect people in transition to education and job opportunities – and others.
- There is no fixed amount recipients may request or receive if selected. Historically, Google.org AI for Social Good funding has ranged from $500k to $2M, with the median at $1.3M. Applying organizations must have the capacity to absorb a large amount of funding.
- Based on the type of project, Google.org will provide support through a combination of funding, product donations and technical expertise. They encourage applicants to submit budgets that accurately reflect the scope of their proposal. Likewise, any additional resources provided will also be tailored to project needs.
- Open to any not-for-profit charity, other not-for-profit organization, public or private academic or research institution, or for-profit social enterprise company with a project that has an explicit charitable purpose.
- Your organization must have a registered office in your country of residence.
- Organizations located in Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Russia, the so-called Donetsk People’s Republic (DNR) and Luhansk People’s Republic (LNR), or Syria and projects in those countries are not eligible to apply.
- Unfortunately, individuals without organizational affiliation are ineligible.
- For-profit businesses that are registered or formed under the laws of their country may apply if their suggested project has an explicit charitable purpose and they are willing to open source any IP created (or distributed) with the funding.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all selections are made. Apply by 12:00 p.m. GMT on November 12, 2022 for priority consideration.
- Full time Junior Software Engineer Needed at iPayBTC
- Apply: Remote Frontend Engineer Internship at Okra
- Full-time Graphics designer Needed at SUJIMOTO
- Data Entry Analyst Needed at MAX Ng
- Call for Applications: NITDA Blockchain Scholarship Program for Nigerians 2022
- Study-In-Netherland: 2023 Dutch Government Holland Scholarship For International Students
- Call for Applications: Global Innovation Challenge 2022 ($10,000 Cash Prize)
- Google EMEA 2023 Internship Application Now Opened