Applications are invited for the Google News Equity Fund 2022. Here’s what you need to know to apply:
Application Deadline: July 21st, 2022
Google has launched a ‘News Equity Fund’, a global commitment to provide financial support and opportunities to news organizations that primarily serve underrepresented communities.
The Fund aims to strengthen inclusion, further empower a diverse news ecosystem, and specifically support small and medium sized publishers creating original journalism for underrepresented audiences around the world.
Eligibility Requirements for Google News Equity Fund 2022:
- Small and medium-sized news organizations producing original news for underrepresented audiences.
- The News Equity Fund is open to independent newsrooms employing between 1 – 50 full-time journalists (FTE).
- Eligible applicants may include for-profit or nonprofit traditional news organizations, digital natives, newsletters, podcasts, radio and/or TV broadcasters, and trade press associations whose members cover underrepresented groups.
- Eligible applicants should publish journalistic content regularly.
- Eligible applicants need to have a focus on core news provision, i.e. not lifestyle, sports.
- Eligible applicants must have a verifiable digital presence (such as a website primarily providing journalistic content) and have been in full operation for at least 12 months.
- Incorporated or registered associations or organizations, registered academic or non-profit bodies representing underrepresented journalists and organizations are all eligible to apply as long as you are based in one of the eligible geographies.
- Government-owned entities or entities affiliated/owned by a political party are not eligible to apply.
- Only online applications in English will be considered.
Google News Equity Fund 2022:
- Funds will be disbursed in one installment. Funding amounts will vary depending on the size of the newsroom and number of eligible applications received.
Selection Process for Google News Equity Fund 2022:
- Initial selection of proposals will be done by teams of Google staff who have knowledge and experience in digital publishing and journalism in the regions detailed above.
- Google will also work with established third party organizations to further confirm our selections.
- Applicants will then be contacted by email and offered funding before being asked to sign a funding agreement with Google.
- Selected applicants will then be required to enroll with our designated payment provider in order to receive the funding.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Google News Equity Fund 2022
Want hundred more opportunities like this? Find them here.