Deadline: March 15, 2021
Applications are open for the GIST Undergraduate Scholarship for 2021.This scholarship is one of the prestigious and competitive study abroad opportunities for international students. The program is fully funded; it will cover almost all the academic expenses, including the accommodation.
Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) is a well-reputed university of South Korea. It ranks as the third top university in South Korea and ranks 9th in QS World Universities Ranking.
Studying at GIST will be a new learning experience; the students will be groomed to tackle challenges and step into professional life. The institute trains skilled researchers and scientists who create a robust research base for further development in science and technology.
The university is known for its arts, social science, humanities, mathematics and physics departments and world-class innovative researches. It also offers a number of research opportunities for international students.
Students who are interested in studying in South Korea must apply for this scholarship. However, South Korea scholarships are highly demanding; applicants must be top-tier students to avail this scholarship. The duration of undergraduate scholarship is 4 years (8 semesters).
Candidates who have graduated or will graduate from his or her high school by August 31st of the year of their application.
Applicants must have foreign citizenship and satisfy one of the following requirements.
- Neither of the applicant‘s parents is a Korean citizen OR
- For applicants of Korean origin, he or she must have completed elementary, middle, and high school outside of Korea and have never been enrolled in any schools in Korea.
GIST Undergraduate Scholarship will provide:
- Full tuition fee waiver.
- ₩130,000 as monthly student allowance.
- ₩270,000 will be allotted as a monthly meal allowance.
- Flight reimbursement will be offered after one month of the first semester.
- A settlement subsidy of ₩200,000 will be granted to all the students without any conditions.
- ₩130,000 will be provided as international student allowance for the candidates who will achieve a GPA of at least 3.0 on the scale of 4.5 in the previous semester.
- Application Form
- One Recommendation Letter
- High School Profile
- High School / University Transcript
- High School Diploma (or Certification of expected graduation)
- English Proficiency Test Score Report
- Standardized Official Test Score Report
- Passport Copy of applicant and both parents
- Official Document of Parent-child relationship
- Statement of Financial Resources
For more information, visit the official webpage of gist scholarship