Applications are now open for the Girls in ICT Development Programme 2023. Here’s how to apply:
Application Deadline: January 16, 2023
Science, Technology, and Innovation are key drivers of our increasingly global and digital society. However, the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) states that less than 30% of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) professionals are women.
Globally, in tertiary institutions, there is approximately half the number of girls studying STEM subjects compared to boys, Eswatini is not an exception. With this inequality persisting through the 21st century, the need for diversity, equity, and inclusion of women in STEM is critical.
To this end, the Eswatini Communications Commission (ESCCOM) has initiated a ‘Girls in ICT’ Development Program, aimed at young ladies who are interested in pursuing an Information, Communications, and Technology (ICT) related profession. This scholarship is aimed at cultivating the presence and digital skills of young women and girls [aged 17-24] in the career field of STEM, particularly ICT. The program will enable young girls without the necessary economic resources, to pursue careers in the ICT space.
The criteria for selecting potential candidates shall be based on individual merit. Students may apply for the
Sponsorship if they meet the following requirements;
i. Citizen of Eswatini
ii. Aged seventeen (17), or above, up to a maximum of twenty-four (24)
iii. The candidate should have credited Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) related Subjects
iv. Acceptance letter for an ICT-related undergraduate degree from an accredited local or South African Higher Learning Institution
v. Must be of good conduct, hardworking, and have excellent academic results
vi. Involvement in extra-curricular activities, such as sports, community service etc. is a plus
The sponsorship will comprise of
i. Fully- funded tuition
ii. Transport fees to and from, payable once every year
iii. Study Permit costs, where applicable
iv. Medical aid, where applicable
v. Prescribed textbooks
vi. Monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses
vii. The scholarship holder will be expected to participate in two (2) annual initiatives promoted by
ESCCOM, namely the international ‘Girls in ICT’ Commemoration, and Cybersecurity Awareness
Campaigns, among other initiatives.
How to Apply
Qualifying young girls are requested to submit the following application documents to
[email protected] by 17H00 on Monday, the 16th of January 2023;
i. Two (2) page letter of motivation, including educational and professional goals, and achievements
ii. Statement of results
iii. Conditional / Acceptance letter from an accredited Higher Learning Institution
iv. Applications should be addressed to;
Acting Director Support Services
Eswatini Communications Commission
4th Floor, North Wing, Sibekelo Building
For any queries, contact ESCCOM at 24067000.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified and invited to meet the scholarship panel.
For More Information:
- Polaris Bank Digital Skill Acquisition Program – DIGICORPER 2023 for Nigerian NYSC Corps Members (Fully-funded)
- Call for Applications: Google Career Certificate Scholarship Program 2023
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2024 (Masters & Ph.D.) Scholarships for study in the United States (Fully Funded)
- Standard Bank Cloud Computing Internship Programme 2023 for Young Africans (R10000 per month)
- Contract Copywriter Needed at Prospa
- Call for Application: NITDA in Partnership with Coursera Scholarship 2023 (Tech Learning Pathway)
- Call for Application: NITDA in Partnership with Coursera Scholarship 2023 (Career Readiness Pathway)
- Call for Applications: Shell ASSESSED Internship Program 2023 for Young Africans
- Prospa is Hiring Graduate Trainees
- The Ericsson Nigeria Graduate Program 2023 for young Nigerian graduates.
- Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards 2023/2024 for Nigerians to Study Abroad (Fully Funded)
- UI / UX Designer Needed at Beacon Power Services