Deadline: 12th February 2021
To be part of the changing culture that seeks transparency & accountability in how the country’s government is being run.
- Young persons between the ages of 18-35 years,
- Interested in governance
- Have the intellectual capacity & willingness to engage government institutions.
- Innovators/Initiators/activists who are interested in a transformative, performance-driven government
This training would empower you with the accountability tool that can help you get information from public/government institutions as well keep government officials in check.
KEY DATES TO NOTE:
- Call for Applications: Jan 18 – Feb 12
- Applicants are shortlisted: Feb 12 – Feb 19
- Applicants are reviewed & selected by a Jury: Feb 19 – Feb 24
- Applicants are announced (only shortlisted candidates will be contacted): Feb 24 – Feb 25
- FOI Training Days: Feb 27
- Trainees are Inducted as FOI Ambassadors: Feb 27
- Ambassadors distribute the step-by-step request guide within their region: Mar 01 – Mar 19
STRUCTURE OF THE TRAINING
This innovators/ambassadors will continue to engage students in higher institutions, youths on how to use the guide & the FOI Act. While the Ambassadors will continue to create awareness about the Act & process of making a request.
For more Information: Visit the webpage for YMonitor 2021 Freedom Information Training for Nigerians