The UI/UX developer is a combined position, requiring the skillsets of both a UX Designer and UI Developer, primarily focusing on interaction design. The position assists development teams with the final look, feel and behavior of the interface in different contexts. He/she will be responsible for using a combination of user centered design and agile development methods to create a highly usable user interface for development projects. He/she will work very closely with internal stakeholders to develop system information architecture and responsive designs for the user interface during projects.
- Works directly with project team including project business analysts, business owners, solution architects, developers, and QA to ensure understanding of the requirements, functionality, size, scalability, and usability of the IT solution.
- Works in conjunction with the Business Analyst / Product Owner to examine existing business processes and systems to develop a full representation of the system’s interface design and usability by the business.
- Participates in all requirement gathering meetings and/or brainstorm sessions with business owners to identify product usability concerns and desires.
- Examine and analyze current user(s) flow and process, pain points, and desires from a usability and visual standpoint to deliver proper solutions.
- Leads the overall visual design and usability of the product. Provides expertise and leads the project team through applicable design patterns, screen layout decisions, and usability testing.
- Serves as an advocate for the end user of the product, consistently working to improve the overall design and usability of the delivered product, as the budget allows.
- Creates sketches, wireframes, and mockups of user interface screens according to the requirements/user stories that adhere to the CMB’s Look & Feel Standards as well as any applicable regulatory requirements. Creates high-fidelity functioning prototypes when applicable/feasible.
- Reviews wireframes with Business Analyst and Product Owners for business requirements and with Technical Lead for technical feasibility before presenting to the business.
- Creates and facilitates usability tests with the intended users of the product and iterates screen designs accordingly.
- Actively advises developers on accessibility requirements and vulnerability remediation.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years programming experience in UI/ UX design/ development
- Must have familiarity with UX/UI application design and development using any of the frameworks such as Bootstrap, React, Foundation etc
- Familiarity with source control solutions such as Git, SVN or similar
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator, Figma and Photoshop
- Familiarity with leveraging configuration management systems as well as cloud automation
Want moe jobs? Click here