- Drive bottler alignment on the marketing agenda: portfolio priorities, consumer insights and category/brand strategies and plans (objectives, execution and success metrics, activity calendars, including Innovation projects and end to end Campaigns) in partnership with Customer and Commercial and Franchise Leadership.
- Provide input on Operating Unit-and Market-level portfolio strategy, brand plans and local innovation opportunities
- Provide market input for the development of Operating Unit- and market-level Integrated Marketing Experience campaigns and approve commercialization of Innovation projects and (as applicable)
- Orchestrate localization and real-time amplification of Integrated Marketing Experience campaigns within the Franchise unit, providing input to Operating Unit Integrated Marketing Experience team
- Review and approve the marketing plans and integration of plans in country/region with the relevant bottlers. Oversee plans at local level, including activations, consumer promotions, experiential marketing, and events (leveraging mkt assets)
- Lead franchise marketing preparation and participation in key business System Review meetings. Show case Best Practice models that can scale to other Regions
- Lead briefing of adhoc requests based on dynamic market needs and Bottler requests linked to key business priorities- working with Category Leads to decide on best response plan
- Carry out duties through your team (including situational coaching and talent development) ; and interacting regularly with Africa Operating Unit Frontline Marketing Lead and Franchise Leadership team to deliver the plan as measured by volume, share and profit
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA is an added advantage.
- Significant marketing and leadership experience (12-15 years), including leading large teams (20+ people)
- Direct experience with marketing activation
- Business and commercial acumen, including financial expertise
- Experience working with The Coca-Cola Company external partners (bottlers and customers)
- Experience working with marketing in large regions preferred
- Experience working in cross-functional and cross-geographical teams is preferred
- Ability to provide nuanced franchise unit-level input on marketing strategy and plans (e.g., consumer / shopper insights) and other key elements of broader operating unit / global strategy, as necessary
- Ability to develop relationships with key bottlers and ensure alignment and buy-in on mkt agenda
- Ability to coordinate full details (calendars, resources, metrics) of local activation with Bottlers
- Ability to identify needs for campaign localization or customization as necessary
- Ability to guide media buying (in partnership with Marketing procurement), as necessary
What We Can Do for You
You will be part of the Africa team where teams are the new heroes, and our leaders are inclusive orchestrators. Together, in pursuit of our Company Vision to craft LOVED BRANDS, done SUSTAINABLY, FOR A BETTER SHARED FUTURE, we will:
- Leverage our BOUNDERLESS NETWORK
- Make our CUTURE Code inevitable
- Build winning CAPABILTIES
- Change the DNA of our organization to becoming ADAPTABLE
Media Planning; Sponsorships; Local Advertising; Shopper Marketing; Marketing Activation; Digital Media Strategy; Creative Briefs; Marketing Strategies; SWOT Analysis; Competitive Market Analysis; Brand Positioning; Social Media Strategies; People Management; Problem Solving; Brand Architecture; Channel Management; Team Management
Our Purpose and Growth Culture:
We are taking deliberate action to nurture an inclusive culture that is grounded in our company purpose, to refresh the world and make a difference. We act with a growth mindset, take an expansive approach to what’s possible and believe in continuous learning to improve our business and ourselves.
We focus on four key behaviors – curious, empowered, inclusive and agile – and value how we work as much as what we achieve. We believe that our culture is one of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years. Visit Our Purpose and Vision to learn more about these behaviors and how you can bring them to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. When we collect your personal information as part of a job application or offer of employment, we do so in accordance with industry standards and best practices and in compliance with applicable privacy laws.
- Full Stack Engineer Needed at Flutterwave
- Paid SEO Content Writing Internship at Sadja WebSolutions
- Remote Data Entry Interns Needed at PeopleResume
- Remote Full-time UI / UX Designer Needed at Deno
- Remote Content Writer Needed at theInshort
- UI/UX Designers, Sales Specialists, Frontend, and Backend Developers Needed at Homeschool (Interns and Professionals Needed)
- Frontend Developers, UI/UX Designers, Web Designers, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Content Developers Needed at Tek Experts
- Software and Frontend Developer Interns Needed at Vatebra Co.
- UX Designer Needed at Tekexpert