ith chart-topping products in both the Google Play and Apple App stores, our mobile apps are downloaded by hundreds of thousands of users every day. To boost our business even more, we’re looking for an outstanding Frontend Developer able to implement pixel perfect web experiences, web applications, and—most of all—wonderfully user-friendly landing pages.
A few examples of your responsibilities:
- Boost our online presence by improving and updating landing pages and websites for our initiatives.
- Constantly improve the quality of our websites by fixing bugs and refactoring the code base where necessary, as well as adding that WOW factor to put a smile on our users’ faces.
- Stay up to date with web development trends (upcoming frameworks, technologies, and design trends), so you can help Bending Spoons perform at the forefront of these fields.
What we offer
- Own products. We don’t work for clients—we only develop our own apps. Freed from client-provider politics, we can move fast and be daring.
- Talented, experienced colleagues. You’ll be working with UI and UX designers, software engineers, product managers, and data analysts who have built products with extraordinary worldwide success. We’d love to pass along all the secrets we’ve learned on the journey so far.
- Cool tech stack. We strive to use the best, most modern tools and technologies—and when they fall short of our expectations we invent our own. It’s a geek’s paradise.
- Huge impact. Millions of people all around the world will interact with your landing pages and web applications. Through your work, you’ll have a tremendous positive impact on our company’s future.
- The finest tools. You’ll be given the best hardware on the market and all the software you need. We can’t wait to introduce you to our high-tech approach to design and our cutting-edge workflows.
- No micromanaging. Be the owner of your effort—from day one, you’ll be one of the team and fully trusted to take responsibility for your tasks. You’ll have every incentive to make a real impact.
- Continuous education. Spooners get unlimited backing for learning expenses, including your Italian or English lessons and things like courses, conferences, and books. There’s no permission or approval process—you’re fully trusted to use the company’s resources efficiently.
- Remote working. Spend as much or as little time in our Milan office as you choose. Many Spooners like to change up their environment and get out of the city whenever the mood strikes. Every day, you’ve got the freedom to decide where today’s office is.
- Flexible schedule. Our regular hours are 9-6 GMT+1, but this isn’t a “clock in, clock out” company. Morning person? Start work while the world’s still sleeping. Night owl? Ramp things up while others are winding down. You’re fully trusted to create the right conditions for your own personal peak productivity. We only ask that you’re available to your teammates a good chunk of the day (six hours or so). That’s why it’s generally best to be based somewhere with a similar time zone—between GMT-2 and GMT+3.
- Unlimited vacations. Take all the time you need to recharge your batteries—no permission process or vacation allowance here. Because a rested, relaxed, and refreshed Spooner is a happy and effective Spooner.
- Top-notch HQ. Natural light, silent rooms, state-of-the-art hardware, fun-filled common spaces… the list never ends! You’ll certainly be in the right environment to do your best work. And, when it’s time to switch off, you can do that in style and comfort.
- Lots. Of. Fun. Our incredible People Operations team organizes awesome events, such as team games, drinks, yoga classes, parties, and regular company-wide retreats. Recent destinations include Bali, Argentina, and Tanzania.
- Top-of-the-market salary and stock options in a tech rocket ship. Our total compensation is very competitive and can grow rapidly and include stock options, depending on your performance.
What we look for
- Passion for the subject. You have a long-standing, proven passion for writing software and a demonstrated interest in developing web applications.
- A knack for UX and attention to detail. You care about developing quality user experiences, and notice the details that make a difference. You get a kick out of making a UI or an animation just perfect.
- Reasoning and depth of learning. You’re structured and creative enough to solve most challenging problems independently, given the necessary knowledge. You learn new concepts and skills rapidly, and love to nerd out and go in-depth.
- Pragmatism and prioritization skills. You’re pragmatic enough to recognize the importance of doing it once, and doing it right. You have excellent common sense and a deep understanding of what’s likely to create most value.
- Humility. You’re eager to help and not at all picky on what tasks you’re asked to take on. You’re open to feedback and truly value the opinions of others.
- Drive. You’re diligent, energetic, and you tirelessly persevere through adversity until the job is done—and done impeccably.
- Conversational English. You read and write well and can hold a relatively fluent conversation in English, even if the topic is somewhat complex or technical.
Milan, Italy, or fully remote, if you can’t or don’t want to relocate.
If you choose the on-site option, keep in mind that it’s still fine to sometimes work remotely. We also offer substantial support for relocation, including finding an apartment in Milan and paying the rent for 12 weeks.
Commitment & Contract
Full-time or part time—permanent or fixed-term, depending on seniority.