Deadline: Rolling Basis
Facebook Artificial Intelligence Research Internship Programme applications are open for the Facebook Artificial Intelligence Research Internship Program 2021. Facebook is seeking Research Interns to join Facebook AI Research (FAIR). They are committed to advancing the field of artificial intelligence by making fundamental advances in technologies to help interact with and understand our world.
They are seeking individuals passionate in areas such as deep learning, computer vision, audio and speech processing, natural language processing, machine learning, reinforcement learning, computational statistics, and applied mathematics. The interns have an opportunity to make core algorithmic advances and apply their ideas at an unprecedented scale. Many of their interns publish at top tier conferences such as NeurIPS, ICML, ICLR, CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, and ACL.
This internship has a minimum 12-week duration. They have openings in their Menlo Park, New York, Seattle, and Pittsburgh offices. Internships will be awarded on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early. Applicants are expected to be pursuing a PhD in one of the areas listed above; outstanding Masters and Bachelor students may also be considered.
Facebook Artificial Intelligence Research Internship Programme Responsibilities
- Perform research to advance the science and technology of intelligent machines;
- Perform research that enables learning the semantics of data (images, video, text, audio, and other modalities);
- Devise better data-driven models of human behavior, and/or;
- Contribute research that can be applied to Facebook product development.
- Applicant currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a degree (PhD, Masters, or Bachelors with relevant research experience) in Computer Science or related field;
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Publications or experience in machine learning, AI, computer vision, optimization, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or data science;
- Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches;
- Ability to manipulate and analyze complex, large scale, high-dimensionality data from varying sources;
- Experience in utilizing theoretical and empirical research to solve problems;
- Ability to communicate complex research in a clear, precise, and actionable manner;
- Knowledge in C, C++, Python, Lua or other related programming language;
- Experience building systems based on machine learning and/or deep learning methods;
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op.