Entry Level Product Marketing Manager Needed at Google Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa
About the job
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Johannesburg, South Africa; Lagos, Nigeria; Nairobi, Kenya.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in marketing or sales.
- Experience managing and running a marketing campaign
- Ability to develop frameworks for marketing
- Ability to think creatively and execute leadership
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment and work on multiple projects
- Ability to develop product strategy/positioning, business plans, customer and market insights, and analyze campaign effectiveness and return on investment
- Strong analytical skills
- Entry Level Product Marketing Manager Needed at Google Nigeria, kenya and South Africa
- Tech4Impact Women Innovators in Technology Pitch Competition 2022 for women-led impact innovators
- CWW Tech Africa Training Program 2022 for African Youth – Cohort 1.0
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will own the marketing strategy and execution for Android and be responsible for contributing to the access strategy of Africa. In this role, you will use your understanding of marketplace dynamics to design and execute promotional campaigns, work with Product teams to launch new products, liaise with partners on co-marketing initiatives, and work with external agencies on creative and event-based projects. Furthermore, you will work with Google’s Business Development, Product, and Partnership teams to build Google’s business.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Develop marketing plans for Android in SSA and execute campaigns (e.g., co-marketing and owned) to drive usage of Google applications.
- Define and execute go-to-market strategies and organizational coordination for new feature/product launches.
- Define retail marketing strategy for Android in SSA, including always-on retail training programs, sales incentive programs, point-of-sale marketing, and other customer facing experiences.
- Leverage marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent our users.
- Work in close cooperation with regional and global Platforms and Ecosystems Marketing teams, to drive multi-channel campaigns from scaled communications to accelerate our partnerships business momentum.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.