Our client is a financial technology company envisioned as the One-Stop-Shop for Consumer Finance Globally. They are also an online financial education platform, which has steadfastly embarked on a mission to spread financial literacy globally.
Our client mission is to take private wealth management to the masses by offering consumers unbiased, personalized, and algorithm-powered recommendations for choosing financial products that fit their needs. They already have millions of users and are currently focused on building out partnerships and integrations with banks for consumer banking products.
Who You Are
- You have around 2-4 years of work experience, preferably in product development
- You are a problem solver and use programming language or frameworks as tools
- You have a good grasp of computer science fundamentals
- You are good with Data Structures and Algorithms
- You like learning new technologies and look for feedback to improve yourself
- You are not afraid of going outside your comfort zone
- You truly believe that testing your code is your responsibility
- You understand what it takes to write good quality production-ready code.
What We Expect From You
- Prior experience building and managing REST APIs for large-scale distributed systems. We are building consumer-facing products and the expected scale is in 10s of millions of user interactions every day, so demonstration of experience handling such scale in your past experience will be critical.
- You are comfortable with a distributed async architecture and are aware of the challenges that come with ensuring reliability at scale. Have you had a time when things don’t go according to “the plan”? Tell us more about how you figured it out.
- You have worked with multiple DB technologies – NoSQL, RDBMS, Graph, etc. Better yet, you’ve built an adapter? Show us!
- Secure by Design – yeah? Good. Given the type of data we deal with, this is an extremely important aspect of what we do.
- Performance – You do know that processing millions of transactions has a cost and you know your way around projecting the cost of being functionally complete and performance bottlenecks.
- Impact – You care about making a difference. And it shows in your work, in your approach. Tell us all about it, we love people that care deeply about something.
- A passion for building world-class software, combined with a vision to think big. Like really big.
- Contribute to Open Source – You have a Github/Bitbucket profile and have something we can talk about when we chat.
What You’ll Do
- Work with stakeholders to add definitions to project requirements
- Assess the scope and build recommendations for Minimum Viable Product
- Work with engineering and project managers to define project timelines
- Analyze requirements, create and document component/system designs
- Implement features and functionality with clean and maintainable code
- Take pride in software quality through rigorous functional testing and writing automated unit tests
- Ensure appropriate metrics, monitoring, and logging are in place, in short responsible for taking requirements to deployment
- Participate in on-call rotations, bug fixing, and ongoing tuning and improvements
- Data Entry Analyst / Specialist Needed at Proten International
- Remote Full-Time Copywriter Needed at SmartBug Media
- Remote Entry-Level Full StackEngineer Needed at Maze
- Remote Twitter Account Manager Needed at Midas Investments
- Junior UI/UX Designer Job at SendmeNG