We require a hardworking, motivated, and well-organized individual with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
Daystar Power Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
Solar Systems Design
- Conduct site/energy audits and analyse customer needs.
- Identify site assessment information required for production of solar system designs.
- Create and manage engineering drawings using AUTOCAD, PVSyst, SketchUp and other design tools.
- Produce 2D and 3D pre-conceptual designs with accompanying BOMs.
- Design and prepare detailed electrical wire diagram and construction drawings for PV system installation.
- Manage the preparation of bids, proposal content, conformance to Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements.
- Assist in market research and identify solar energy projects in Africa.
- Review technological trends in the local and global energy sector.
- Liaise with regulatory and governmental institutions as required.
- Approximately 50% of time shall be spent in office environments with the remaining time in the field.
2. Experience: A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in Electrical Engineering roles, preferably in the renewable energy or power industry, designing , installing or maintaining solar systems.
- Computer proficiency required, creating spreadsheets and reports using Microsoft Software Programs (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in particular).
- Use of software like HOMER, Pvsyst and Helioscope.
4. Language Proficiency: English (excellent oral & writing skills).
French (oral & writing skills) will be an added advantage
a. A self-motivated individual that demonstrates a sense of ownership with high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
b. Passionate about quality of workmanship.
c. Good communication skills and ability to work well in teams.
d. Discretion in dealing with sensitive information.
e. Must demonstrate excellent team and people management skills.
6. Flexible to travel domestically and internationally.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.