Application Deadline: December 14, 2022
Deutsche Welle (DW) is looking for young people from all over the world interested in a comprehensive, exceptional quality journalism program with an international broadcaster. Candidates should have journalism experience or be passionate about switching to journalism from law, economics, the sciences or technology/IT. DW is looking for open-minded people full of creative ideas. Specifically, we are looking for experts from diverse disciplines. You should also be able to think independently and develop own ideas.
The program covers the range of skills a journalist of the future needs: TV moderation, multimedia storytelling, data journalism, social media and virtual reality – in seminars, workshops and of course the DW editorial offices and our correspondent bureaux in Washington and Brussels. DW trainees are involved in long-term innovative, international projects and have been honored in past years with the CNN Journalism Award and the Grimme Prize. After the traineeship, the trainees usually continue to work for DW.
DW is currently accepting a total of twelve aspiring journalists from all over the world.
For the bilingual DW traineeship
- Native speakers of a DW program language with excellent knowledge English and a good knowledge of German
- English native speakers with a good knowledge of German
- German native speakers with excellent knowledge of English
Candidates must also have completed a university or college degree or apprenticeship.
• trainee salary
• international broadcaster in 32 languages
• crossmedia: TV, online and radio
• six months of seminars
• internships in Berlin and Bonn
• placements with DW foreign bureaus
• international multimedia projects
• well-known media trainers
- For the first six months of the program, trainees earn a pre-tax salary of 1,896 euros per month. This increases to 2,074 euros a month before tax for the following six months. For the final six months, trainees earn 2,173 euros per month before tax.
- Deutsche Welle’s traineeship is a full-time program. In exceptional cases, temporary employment outside of the program may be approved.
- Applications for the DW International Traineeship starting in 2024 will be open from November 9, until December 14, 2022.
- Applications are only accepted via the online application system.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Deutsche Welle International Journalism Traineeship 2024/2025