Applications are invited for the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship 2022 for Africans. Here’s what yo need to know about the scholarship:
Deadline: 11.59PM GMT + 01.00 July 31st, 2022
The David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship program is our major platform for promoting our vision and goals. The scholarship program awards scholarships to qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries, and have been offered admission to Covenant University or Landmark University, Nigeria.
The DOF scholars program grants individuals the opportunity to acquire a first degree at the prestigious Covenant University and Landmark University in Nigeria. It grants individuals the opportunity to build up the leadership potentials that are so evidently lacking in the leaders of our society, through the yearly programs and community development initiatives integrated in the 5-year duration of the scholarship. The scholarship program covers the full academic fees for a 5-year duration of study and in some categories, travels and living expenses for the duration of the course of study.
Each awarded candidate becomes a David Oyedepo Foundation Scholar (DOF Scholar) and is expected to meet up with the requirements in order to remain a DOF Scholar.
David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship 2022
The DOF scholarship undergraduate program is for academically excellent students who want to receive a first degree from either Covenant University or Landmark University. Scholars must be African, be a permanent resident of an African country and meet the requirements for admission to any of the universities before applying for the scholarship.
Eligible Field Of Study: Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Information & Communications Technology, Petroleum Engineering, Architecture, Applied Biology and Biotechnology, Microbiology, Computer Science, Economics, Accounting, Animal Science, Soil Science, Crop Science, Agricultural And Biosystem Engineering, Electrical And Information Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biochemistry
Eligibility for David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship 2022
- Applicants must be Africans.
- Applicants must have applied for a course of study at Covenant University or Landmark University, Nigeria.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application submission.
- Applicants must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
- Applicants must be eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa.
- Applicants should have at least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only)
- Application Process: The mode of application is online
Note: The application for the scholarship does not guarantee admission to the specified Universities; all admission to the University is to be secured independently by going through the University’s admission process. Hence, award of the scholarship is CONDITIONAL on University admission.
Applicants not meeting the above technical eligibility requirements will not be forwarded to the selection committee.
Financial Provision of David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship 2022:
Full Academic fees for a maximum of 5 (In accordance to the University stipulated time for duration of chosen course).
The scholarship does not cover;
- Travel allowances
- Feeding allowances
- Medical/Health Insurance or allowance
- Any other fees outside University generated Academic fees for a course at any level.
Selection Process and Criteria:
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program selection process is a need dependent, merit based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Following this review, chosen finalists will be interviewed by the David Oyedepo Foundation team, through an online video conferencing platform. If advanced to the final round, applicant must provide;
- Proof of application to Covenant or Landmark University
- Proof of citizenship
- All original copies of documents uploaded during application.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability
- Displayed financial need
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement
- A commitment to influence home community with skills learned
Method of Application
GENERAL APPLICATION TIPS
- The David Oyedepo Foundation uses an internet based application You will need to access a computer and internet to apply. You would also need a scanner in order to upload required documents.
- You do not have to finish your application in one You may save your work and return to complete your application as many times as necessary. You must, however, not leave your application untouched for up to 30 days or your account would be deleted.
- You must submit your completed application by the deadline, however you are encouraged to submit before the deadline as no deadline extensions would be provided.
- Answer all questions on the application in English and all documents to be uploaded MUST be translated in English.
- All answers in the application, including written responses to essays must be your own original work.
- Only applicants who complete this application will be Applications and information submitted through email or other means will NOT be considered.
ONLINE APPLICATION SECTIONS
Application Process: APPLY HERE
Note: The application for the scholarship does not guarantee admission to the specified Universities; all admission to the University is to be secured independently by going through the University’s admission process. Hence, the award of the scholarship is CONDITIONAL on University admission.
Visit The Official Website For More Information
- Learn Africa Canarias Scholarship Program 2022 for African Women
- French Embassy Regional Scholarships 2022 for Kenyans (Fully Funded)
- University of Pretoria Mastercard Scholarship Program 2022 (Fully Funded)
- Yale University Scholarship 2022 in United States of America | Apply
- KOC University Scholarship For International Students 2022 (Fully Funded)
- Citrix Systems Scholarship Program 2022 for Black Students (up to $5000)
- UBD Scholarship Program 2023 | Fully Funded