Applications for the D-Prize Challenge 2022 are now open. Here’s how to apply:
Deadline: June 26, 2022
Millions living in poverty lack access to basic products + services. Can you help solve this problem? APPLY to win up to $20K to launch a new social venture helping those in need.
The world has already invented products and services to end poverty. Yet we have found many proven interventions with large delivery gaps. Millions of people still don’t have access to basic poverty-fighting tools.
- Health Access
- Self-injectable Contraceptive Challenge
- Oxygen Challenge
- Patient Identification Challenge
- Maternal Health Challenge
- Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision Challenge
- Prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission Challenge
- Child Immunization Challenge
- Sugar Daddy Awareness Challenge
- Clean Access to Water challenge
- Teaching at the Right Level challenge
- Quality Inputs challenge
- Post-harvest Support challenge
- Propose your own Agriculture challenge
- Propose your own Livestock challenge
- Poverty Graduation challenge
- Propose your own financial inclusion challenge
- Solar lamp
- Public Services
- Government transparency challenge
- Road safety challenge
- Propose Your Own Challenge: D-Prize is specifically interested in distributing proven poverty interventions to those in need. If you know of a highly-effective intervention that is backed by credible evidence, they want to hear what it is and see your plan to increase its distribution.
Benefits of D-Prize Challenge 2022 for Aspiring Entrepreneurs
The D-Prize will award the most promising teams with up to $20,000 USD to launch a pilot version of your new organization wherever extreme poverty exists, with a goal to serve millions in the years ahead.
Eligibility for D-Prize Challenge 2022 for Aspiring Entrepreneurs
- D-Prize is for aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world, of any age, and any background. The majority of their awardees have not launched nor raised any funding.
- They will consider funding existing organizations only if you are distributing an existing intervention and you have a need for high-risk capital that cannot be supported by your current donors or revenue.
- Existing organizations applying to D-Prize should have operated for no more than 18 months and raised no more than $30,000 in outside funding.
- Organizers are only able to evaluate applications submitted in English. However, your English does not need to be perfect to apply, and grammar and vocabulary errors will not be penalized. They only want to understand your idea.
How to Apply for D-Prize Challenge 2022 for Aspiring Entrepreneurs
Select a challenge above and be prepared for the following deadlines:
- The Global Competition launches on April 4, 2022.
- Early Submission Deadline is May 15, 2022 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Regular Submission Deadline is June 5, 2022 at midnight PT (pacific time)
- Extension Deadline is June 26, 2022 at midnight PT (pacific time). Register for an extension.