Content Marketing Manager Job at BaseCamp
Basecamp is hiring a Content Marketing Manager to organize, edit, and write content for our website, social media, and other channels.
About the Work
At Basecamp, we value the written word. Maybe we’re old school, but we think that especially in today’s world of bullet points and tweets, there’s a lot of skill and art in communicating well.
We’re looking for a content manager and writer who has a flair for translating ideas into everyday language and compelling storylines.
In this role you will:
- Oversee content production and develop a web content strategy that syncs with our brand marketing and demand generation goals.
- Create, edit, and manage content for a variety of mediums that could include: email, newsletters, blogs, white papers/guides, thought leadership articles, customer case studies, website pages, webinar slide decks, sales collateral, event collateral, and video scripts.
- Utilize SEO tactics to help improve domain authority and natural search results by incorporating high value keywords into new articles, optimizing target keywords in existing articles, and securing backlinks.
- Maintain the master content calendar that schedules all aspects of the creation and delivery of content throughout the year.
- Stay up-to-date with current best practices in the industry for tactics that might apply to us.
- Collaborate with the team on content for social media posts.
- Help maintain a consistent voice and tone for the brand across multiple channels.
- You have 5+ years experience writing and editing (in English) for multiple channels, and can articulate the differences in how you approach them.
- You’re a stickler for style, grammar and finding the words and phrases that best capture and idea or feeling.
- You have deep experience with SEO and keyword strategy. You’re familiar with tools such as AHREFS or SEMRush to monitor competitive positioning and identify new opportunities.
- You have some technical proficiency with CMS tools such as WordPress.
- You’ve managed freelance writers, and may even have a short list that you’ve worked with before.
- You’re equally comfortable and motivated by working “high level,” developing a strategy and plan, or being ”hands-on” writing and editing.
- The Basecamp “voice” and tone resonates with you, and is easy for you to adopt.
- You’re comfortable as a manager of one.
You approach your work with a spirit of partnership and collaboration, not exclusion or rigidness. You’re a resourceful problem solver; you can feel for gaps in what you’re working on, pitch solutions and implement them.
This is a fully remote position. Since we’re a remote company, you’ll find that the bulk of everyone’s work is written, whether that’s long form posts or chats with your co-workers. We value people who can take a stand yet commit when they disagree. We subject ideas to rigorous debate, but all remember that we’re here for the same purpose: to do good work together. Charging the trust battery is part of that work.
We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and identities to apply for a job where you can do the best work of your career. Basecamp is committed to remaining a calm company where we don’t regularly work longer than 40 hours per week and take proper vacations.
What To Expect
You can expect a mindful onboarding process with structured ramp-up time. You can expect a team that listens. You can expect to be counted on and the freedom to do your best work. We build our apps, our teams, and our company for the long haul, so you can build your career here if you choose to.
We respect everyone’s right to participate in political expression and activism, but avoid having political debates on our internal communication systems. Basecamp as a company also does not weigh in on politics publicly, outside of topics directly related to our business. You should be at peace with both of these stances.
Pay and benefits
Basecamp pays in the top 10% of the industry, for the matched role and experience, based on San Francisco rates. The salary for this role is $126,250. No matter where you live. Plus, with two years under your belt, you’ll participate in our profit-sharing program.
Our benefits support a life well-lived away from work. Ample time off and all the resources you need to support you in doing the best work of your career. Here’s more on the benefits we offer.
Applicants from outside the US will be offered a contractor role with comparable terms and at the same rate of pay as our US-based employees.
How to apply
Please send an application tailored to this position that speaks to us. Introduce yourself to us as a colleague. Within your cover letter, give us some examples of some of your best written work, how it was used and to what effect. We would like to see a resume, but forget that generic resume. Show us what really sets you apart!
Go for it!
We are accepting applications for this position until Friday, March 4, 2022, at 5:00PM US-Central time.
You should not expect to hear for a few weeks, while we review all applications. Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the screening process. We usually see hundreds of applications for roles, and our small hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback before the interview stage.
Interviews will take place in March. Expect 2-3 interviews over the course of a few weeks. Our interviews are conversations held with future colleagues – no tests, no surprises. After that, we’ll ask the final candidates to complete an at-home written exercise. We hope to extend an offer in April, with a flexible start date later that month.
We look forward to hearing from you!