Application Deadline: September 22, 2022
ClimaTech is the global competition for tech-entrepreneurs and artists addressing the most pressing climate challenges on the road to COP 27. Entrepreneurs are hammering out innovations in every corner of the world, and many projects show great promise in combating climate change. Sensor technology can measure invisible pollutants that harm our health, and the rise of technologies such as the Internet-of-Things (IoT) provides advances in data collection for monitoring climate change mitigation.
- ClimaTech Run’s tech-startup track provides global startups with the opportunity to pitch during COP27 in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt, and participate in capacity building, incubation, and acceleration programs.
- There will be 10 shortlisted candidates, a special grand prize of USD 100,000 and a top African startup prize of USD 50,000.
The ClimaTech Run focuses on the use of ICT in developing innovative solutions and new applications for climate action, notably in the following thematic areas:
- Food security and agriculture
- Water management
- Industry 4.0 for climate action
- Urban sustainability, Mobility and transportation
- Other climate resilience applications
Participants must see the following criteria to participate in the competition
- Registered startup operating for over 2 years or a proven track record
- Has a team of at least 2 members, with member’s average age below 40
- Sustainably driven and innovative business-supported by one or more emerging technologies
- Not a spin-off or subsidiary of an existing company
- Has a functional prototype or MVP (minimum viable product)
- The team must have good communication skills and can present their startup in English.
Prizes for this track are:
- Grand prize of USD 100,000
- 2nd prize of USD 50,000
- 3rd prize of USD 25,000
CLIMATECH SUPPORTS TECHNOLOGIES SUCH AS:
- The use of AI in climate forecasting, e-agriculture, and satellite imagery analysis
- IoT and sensor-based applications (weather, soil, and water big data information processing)
- Smart cities applications lead to low carbon footprint and climate adapting economies
- Electric vehicles technologies
- E-waste management and recycling
- Industry 4.0 applications (consumption and waste optimization, quality enhancement)
- ICT applications in green and renewable energy
- Clean Water Technologies
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the ClimateTech Run – Global Competition 2022