Application Deadline: December 9, 2022
Join CapaCiTi’s no-cost, full-time, 18-month development programme and improve your knowledge in full-stack web development from basics to advanced techniques.
This programme takes place over 18 months, with the first 6 months spent on Campus at CapaCiTi and the following 12 months spent with our partner Younglings to develop and grow your skills.
Your work placement will be with Younglings who are dedicated to creating an environment for young people who aspire to become Software Developers and are passionate about the craft.
During your Younglings placement, you will be encouraged to think deeply about new Digital Products that will improve your world and will explore and create new products through interaction, application, and advancement.
This part of the programme gives you exposure to the working environment and allows you to choose a pathway to build your career on – Front End, Back End, Mobile, Data Science, or Cyber Security.
To apply, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Provide your certificate of highest academic achievement
- Have no criminal record and a clean credit history
- Have a minimum NQF level 6 qualification, ideally with an IT focus
- Either self-taught and/or had prior IT training
- Competent in current technologies and have the desire to follow a career in IT
- South African nationality
- Between the age range of 18 to 35 years old
- Be under or unemployed at the time of application
- Able to attend full-time training Monday to Friday
- Able to commit to the full 18-month programme and committed to completing it
- Be available from January 2023
- Complete CapaCiTi campus-based experiential learning and training for 6 months
- Take part in a Younglings placement to Build Your Own Future as a Software Developer for a further 12 months
- Complete and submit assessments and projects as required throughout the programme
- Complete practical workplace activities on time and to a high standard
- Participate in all activities, tasks, and workshops
- Engage with professional development workshops, activities, teamwork, and reflection for personal growth
- Introduction to HTML
- Introduction to CSS
- Bootstrap Overview
- Python Fundamentals
- Introduction to DJango
The programme will offer the following:
- Training in Software Development principles
- Work experience with set requirements and outcomes
- Industry-specific knowledge, experience, and application
- A structured workforce development plan
- Ongoing mentorship and assessment
For More Information:
- Design Interns Needed at Bitmama
- Remote User Interface Designer Needed at Thirteen Eleven Technology & Design
- The Afrinvest Analyst Programme 2023 for Young Graduates.
- United Nations Young Professionals Programme 2023 For Young Graduates
- Digital Marketer Needed at iLot
- Remote WordPress Developer Needed at Turing
- Innovate Now Africa Assistive Technology Accelerator Program 2023 for African Startups
- Standard Chartered Women in Tech Incubation Programme 2023 for Zambian women entrepreneurs ($10,000 equity-free grant)
- MTN Foundation, AFG unveil Digital Empowerment Programme for Women SMEs
- Call for Applications: GABI Studentprenuer Awards 2022 for Nigerian Students (Win N1.5m worth of prizes)
- Future Academy Tech Scholarship and Boot Camp for Young Africans in 2023
- IT Intern Needed at Procter & Gamble