Applications are open for young Kenyans under the Kenya Youth Enterprise Development Fund. The Youth Enterprise Development Fund is a state corporation under the Ministry of ICT, Innovation and Youth Affairs.
Its strategic focus is on enterprise development as a key strategy that will increase economic opportunities for, and participation by Kenyan Youth in nation building. The Fund seeks to create employment opportunities, create jobs for young people through entrepreneurship and encouraging them to be job creators and not job seekers. It does this by providing easy and affordable financial and business development support services to youth who are keen on starting or expanding businesses.
- Youth aged 18 to 34 years
- Those running businesses and wish to expand
- Youth looking for markets and other business development services
- Youth looking for jobs abroad
LOAN PRODUCTS VIA THE KENYA YOUTH FUND PORTAL
- Group loans Kshs. 50,000 to 400,000
- Individual loans Kshs. 25,000 to 200,000
- Business expansion loans Kshs. 100,000 to 2 million
- Greenhouse loans Kshs. 357,344 to 430,000
- Poultry incubator loans Kshs. 198,000
- LPO financing Kshs. 500,000 to 20 million
HOW TO ACCESS YOUTH FUND SERVICES
APPLICATION FORM DOWNLOAD
The Youth Fund has 14 regional offices in ten counties across the country. They have been created in an effort to enhance service delivery and our presence at the grass roots.
The youth Fund has two officers in every constituency who help youth form groups, fill application forms and provide them with business counselling.
The officers have been provided with motorbikes to enable them reach all parts of their respective constituencies. The officers can be found in district youth offices in every constituency.
For more Information: Visit the official webpage for Kenya Youth Enterprise Development Fund