DEADLINE: 21st JANUARY, 2021
Applications are open for the TED Global Idea Search 2021. Is your ideas worth spreading? TED is looking for ideas that are new, unique, and can offer an insight or a new way of thinking to a very large audience.
TED is hosting two global idea searches in 2021 with a mission: to hear big, bold ideas from every corner of the world. A select group of people from each application pool will be invited to give TED Talks, either virtually or in person.
A TED Talk usually has a topic and an idea on the following:
- A topic is the high level — the general direction you want to take the talk. Example of Topic: We need to fix the opioid crisis.
- An idea is a specific angle that stems from the topic — a unique message, solution, or insight that only you can share. Example of Idea: In the opioid crisis, here’s what it takes to save a life.
- Winners will be invited to give a TED Talk, either virtually or in person.
- Applicants may be from any country around the world.
- Open to individuals with ideas that are new, unique, and can offer an insight or a new way of thinking to a very large audience.
Applicants are required to create a 2-minute video as a part of their submission and do the following listed below:
- Film yourself using good lighting angled towards your face rather than coming from behind you.
- Use a stable camera oriented in horizontal framing (this does not need to be a professional camera — it can be a computer or phone camera), set to the highest resolution. (On most phones, the resolution you want to use is 4k, 1080.)
- Make sure your sound is clear and audible (avoid filming outside, and prevent objects from rubbing on the microphone).
- Your combined answers to the four questions should not exceed two minutes. A good way to plan for two minutes is to write out a script that is around 280-300 words.
- When you are done, upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo and title the video, “your name – TED Global Idea Search”. Make sure the video is listed as “public” or “unlisted” so that we won’t need a password to view it.
Questions you will need to answer in your video
- Question 1: Who are you and what are your credentials?
- Question 2: What is the idea you want to share?
- Question 3: What insights will you leave the audience with?
- Question 4: Why should we invite you to give a TED Talk?
If selected for round 2, applicant will be invited to a virtual event where applicant will talk more about the idea and participate in a Questions & Answers with members of the TED community.
For more information, visit the official webpage of TED Global Idea search
For more updates on other Opportunities Join us on our social media platforms