DEADLINE: 21st MARCH, 2021
Are you a woman with a degree in STEM subjects passionate about your study? You could receive a scholarship to study a master’s degree in a science, technology, engineering and mathematics programme at a leading UK university.
The British Council has launched a scholarship programme in partnership with 19 UK universities aimed at benefiting women from the Americas, South Asia and South East Asia. We are looking for women with a background in STEM, who can demonstrate their need for financial support and who wish to inspire future generations of women to pursue careers in STEM.
This scholarship programme aims to increase opportunities in STEM for girls and women. According to data from the UN Scientific Education and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), fewer than 30 percent of researchers worldwide are women and only 30 percent of female students select STEM-related fields in higher education.
Globally, female students’ enrolment is particularly low in Information and Communications Technology (three percent), natural science, mathematics and statistics (five percent), and engineering, manufacturing and construction (eight percent).
We are looking for women who:
- are citizens and residents of the eligible countries in the Americas, South Asia and East Asia
- are able to take up a full-time course of study in the UK for the academic year from Sept/Oct 2021 – 2022
- can demonstrate a need for financial support
- have an undergraduate degree that will enable them to gain access onto one of the pre-selected postgraduate courses at a UK university
- can attain the level of English required for postgraduate study at a UK university now or upon completion of a pre-sessional English course
- are active in the field with work experience or a proven interest in their subject area
- are passionate about their course of study and are willing to engage as committed British Council scholarship alumni
- academic prestige – the UK’s universities are amongst the world’s leaders in STEM subjects
- economic support will include tuition fees, stipend, travel costs, visa and health coverage fees
- special support for mothers
- English language support
Applications will be made directly to the participating universities and will be available in early January 2021. Information on this Webpage will be updated as the application process in each participating university becomes live.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the British Council
For more updates on other Opportunities Join us on our social media platforms
Never miss an opportunity