Deadline: 15th December, 2020
Future Bora is an initiative of the Government of Kenya under the Kenya Youth Employment and Opportunities Project (KYEOP). By supporting interventions that are tailored to the local and highly specific needs of the most vulnerable youth, the initiative aims to expand economic opportunities for the most vulnerable and under-served Kenyan youth.
The Future Bora is calling for young Kenyans who are working on addressing challenges affecting: orphans, youths from vulnerable and marginalized communities, persons with disabilities, youths affected by conflict, single mothers, and street youths. Some of these challenges include stigmatization and misconceptions, sole childcare responsibilities, lack of mentorship, and limited access to adaptive learning.
- Organization most be registered in Kenya
- Either for-profit or non-profit organization call apply
- Organization for be active for at least years by September, 2020
- The intervention submitted must be unique and innovative in addressing unemployment in Kenya
- At least 80% of the beneficiaries of the intervention must be youth within the age of 18-29 years
- Grant funding of KSH 40 million for each of the three winning organizations disbursed in tranches
- Advisory and mentoring support for scale and growth
- Opportunity to show your intervention and gain visibility
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
- The intervention and its innovativeness
- Impact created by the intervention
- Organizational sustainability
- Operational and management capacity