DEADLINE: 15th JANUARY, 2021
Applications are open for the Commonwealth Peace and Reconciliation Challenge Grants 2021.The Commonwealth Peace and Reconciliation Challenge Grants are awarded to Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) members to support initiatives advancing peace, reconciliation and indigenous knowledge.
Aimed at academic and professional staff, the grants support collaborative work focused on either of the two main strategic priorities of the Commonwealth Peace and Reconciliation Network:
- Historical memory and trauma
- Institutional reform/indigenous knowledge
The grants can be used for a diverse range of projects, workshops and events in areas such as:
- Virtual exchange or collaboration, teaching/professional practice collaboration, sharing and co-development of learning materials, tools, training and approaches to support contingency and continuity of operations planning at Higher Education Institutions.
- Virtual fellowships or collaboration, comparative analyses, research management and uptake capacity building, understanding and documenting indigenous knowledge and practices.
- Open only to ACU members and they encourage applicants to collaborate with other ACU member institutions to promote further Commonwealth partnerships.
- Applications led by ACU members will also be accepted but are in partnership with institutions outside of their network.
- Grant applications that allow matching or additional funds from the applicant’s institution will be looked upon favourably.
- Grantees are required to submit a short interim report halfway through their project and a comprehensive final report within one month after completing their project. Additionally, any outputs (e.g. toolkits, papers etc.) developed through the grants are to be made available to the Commonwealth Peace and Reconciliation Network and wider ACU network.
- Four grants of up to GBP 2,500 each, will be available to ACU members to meet the costs of organising projects that promote the aims and priorities of the Commonwealth Peace and Reconciliation Network.
You will need to supply an outline of the project and an action plan, including details of what it involves and the expected institutional impact. The project action plan is requested for a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 12 months.
For more information, visit the official webpage of the association of commonwealth universities